X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Cal NGV'ers & Sept 20 Alt Car Expo & Conference

Hi!

Anyone interested in going to the Industry/Fleet Conference
    Friday, September 20th, 2013 8:30am - 2:30pm (networking breakfast at 8:30)
    Santa Monica Civic, East Wing

If so, and want to meet up somewhere to caravan or carpool (and share the $10 parking fee), let me know.
    I think it'd be cool if we could have a caravan of NGV's heading in as the current set of alt cars listed are mostly EVs.
    I just might have some spare O-rings for the NGV crowd.

If interested in going, register at www.altcarexpo.com/reg_general.php (it's free other than the $10 parking fee).

Let me know if interested in going on Friday, and if you know of a good spot to rendezvous. There's a also a Saturday (9/21) program, that I won't be available to attend, but don't let me hold you back!
    White '09 GX

Re: So Cal NGV'ers & Sept 20 Alt Car Expo & Conference

If you have white HOV stickers you can park for free without feeding meters on Santa Monica streets.

Comment

green stickers too. There are a good number of meters on the street in front and to the north of the Civic Auditorium.

Comment

I may be going for work.

Comment

Originally posted by scott View Post
          green stickers too. There are a good number of meters on the street in front and to the north of the Civic Auditorium.
          Hey, great! Let's line the front of the place with NGVs!

How early should we arrive to guarantee getting a spot?
          White '09 GX

Comment

The last time I was there, there was no parking on the east side of the street directly in front of the Civic. There are some meters cross the street and all along the street (east and west) north of the entrance. I doubt you will be able to get a row of cars as they seem to fill fast. On rare occasions I have had my tires marked for meter time limit purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by scott View Post
              The last time I was there, there was no parking on the east side of the street directly in front of the Civic. There are some meters cross the street and all along the street (east and west) north of the entrance. I doubt you will be able to get a row of cars as they seem to fill fast. On rare occasions I have had my tires marked for meter time limit purposes.
              Thanks for the heads up, Scott. If there's a time limit, it may be worth the $10.00 parking fee.
              White '09 GX

Comment

I'm in, see you all tomorrow!
                John Mitton

Comment

San Leandro Honda retains its GX's and Hybrids for its customers instead of allowing "dealer trade" deals where they are sent to other dealerships. What relates, here, to the Alt Car Expo is that they said they have a 400 customer waiting list for the Fit EV. In CA, the HOV lane access for solo drivers is a real incentive.

Did anyone draw other conclusions about EV's from the show?

Comment

Energy, Utility & Environment Conference

Dates: March 5-7, 2018
                    Where: San Diego, CA

Description: The Energy, Utility & Environment Conference (EUEC) is is the USA's largest, longest-running, professional networking and educational event of its kind. EUEC registrants receive free admission to the Clean Car Expo that is co-located with the conference.

http://www.cleancarexpo.com/
                    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 02-22-2018, 04:46 PM. Reason: added weblink

Comment

Working...
                    X