San Ramon UPS Pinnacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Ramon UPS Pinnacle

So noticed 2 new dispenser sitting over by the pumps, not installed yet but also saw a Pinnacle trailer parked in the yard. Called the Texas folks and they said that since UPS has re-signed thier contract they are up grading the whole system including compressor etc. They will also allow public refueling with Visa and Master charge. The dispenser had the blue and yellow nozzles so perhaps we will get lucky.

No idea when work will be complleted will call them for updates

Re: San Ramon UPS Pinnacle

So they installed 2 new dispensors, mioifed the station for 3600 lbs and added tempature compensation. One of the dispensers is supposed to take Master Card Visa and the station will be open to the public.

Comment

So this is really coming along very nicley, I got to use my VISA card today at the dispenser, station is open for business

Wahoo !

Comment

Wow, that was fast. Cool.

Comment

Did the San Ramon station go live to consumers?

Comment

Originally posted by cquirk View Post
            So this is really coming along very nicley, I got to use my VISA card today at the dispenser, station is open for business

Wahoo !
            Great, it's listed in the latest list of CNG stations open to the public using conventional Visa card.

How many 3600 dispenser/pumps at this facility?
            Sold GX

Comment

Kind of an old thread. last comment on cng prices is years old. Never been to this station, but my experience with stations on UPS property is they really are not happy about letting the public in , even when listed as having public access.

Comment

Yes, fortunately it's a Trillium facility which tend to be fairly regular consumer-friendly around here. I will try to visit it within next couple of weeks and report back.

Trillium CNG/UPS
                4500 Norris Canyon Road
                San Ramon, CA 94583
                Access: Public 24 Hrs
                Payment: Visa, MC

Here's a note I found dating back to late 2013 about hours open for public, (best to stay away in the evening it sounds like):

24 hours daily; restricted access 6pm-10pm while UPS fuels fleet; also accept Pinnacle fleet card – contact station to set up an account
                Mastercard, Visa
                Last edited by GX-SV; 12-19-2014, 06:35 PM. Reason: hours of operation added
                Sold GX

Comment

I stopped and checked it out today. I was driving my Lexus so I parked and walked in.

A couple of drivers were taking a break near entrance so I questioned them. They said pump/dispenser at far end is open 24/7 for general public, no restrictions. I looked at that one and it was normal setup common to all Triliium stations that I've seen in northern CA. So I'll try later as needed.
                  Sold GX

Comment

Activate this style dispenser by connecting hose and turning vent valve 1/4 turn. A sensor at the valve then tells the dispenser to prompt for a card to be swiped. Use any bank credit or debit card. The display will then ask for the 2-digit code and leave a blank square in the middle of the screen. TOUCH THIS BOX AND A KEYPAD WILL APPEAR ON SCREEN. Enter the two digits and fueling will begin. A prompt at the end will ask if you want a receipt printed (Y/N) on the unit bolted to the rail at the end of the fuel island.

In CA, self-service CNG fueling must be performed only by those who have viewed a safety video. A 2-digit code is produced the first time you fuel and view the video. If you enter the wrong number, the 30 sec video will run again and provide the same number given the first time your card was used (it's always the same number for the specific card used) after which fueling will start automatically.

Older software on Clean Energy dispensers also required entering a 2-digit number in CA, but it would be a different number than Trillium's. Sadly, the video featuring "Nozzle Guy" is only showing on the dispenser at Santa Clarita now that Clean Energy's software was updated and simply requires locking on the hose; swiping the card; and lifting the dispenser lever after which fueling gets started in a blink! I miss "Nozzle Guy." He was something of a superhero in his nozzle-shaped head reminding drivers to "Please unplug - prevent driveaways!)

Comment

Anybody ever use this San Ramon facility?
                      Sold GX

Comment

Ok I used it for the second time on Saturday 12/27, only 1 pump is available to general public.

I walked inside in the late afternoon where employees and trucks enter. A senior UPS employee that has worked at that facility for years gave me the latest info.

. Pump is open to public 24/7, no restrictions (and no gates or fences to keep people out).
                        . UPS trucks are generally filled starting around 6pm and well into the night.
                        . When the UPS trucks are filling, my GX fill won't be hampered (due to equipment upgrades at this facility).
                        Last edited by GX-SV; 12-29-2014, 01:01 PM.
                        Sold GX

Comment

I've used San Ramon facility several times over last couple of months.

Only once did I drive away to fill later, (when last Wednesday 5 or 6 garbage trucks were there filling up around noon). I've heard they had a couple of short shutdowns for repairs this year, but none impacted me.

Today I talked to a Trillium repair guy who was onsite. He said AT&T vans nearby also use this facility, usually in morning.
                          Last edited by GX-SV; 03-03-2015, 10:05 PM. Reason: Regarding AT&T trucks
                          Sold GX

Comment

I've been using this San Ramon UPS/Trillium facility weekly for about 3 months, usually filling around noon. Only 1 pump is open to public (being one with card reader that takes Visa/MC), consistently good fills and usually zero wait time.
                            Sold GX

Comment

This San Ramon (UPS) facility run by Trillium has been a reliable, easy to use facility for me in last 5 months. Today I found they installed new credit card machine, it seems to be easier to read and operate. And I wasn't prompted for a code and safety video.
                              Sold GX

Comment

Working...
                              X