Does PG&E Respond to CNG Calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does PG&E Respond to CNG Calls?

For the past 2 months I have been calling the CNG help line to get some information on the new CNG pumps in the South Bay ( 85/Santa Theresa ) I have been calling to get an update on the expected completion of Q3 2009. but keep getting no response from the new guy at PG&E.
    Is there an Email or a different number i can call to find out...?

I'm calling this number
    PGE Clean Air Transportation Help Desk at 1-800-684-4648.
    Silver 09 GX
    Phill G:1.5

Re: Does PG&E Respond to CNG Calls?

You are calling the correct number.

Unfortunately PG&E only has one person available to answer calls for non emergency issues. This is the same person who sets up the accounts and sends out the fueling cards so he doesn't always know the status of operations in the field and he sometimes can't find time to respond to each message.

As for the Station that was planned off Santa Theresa, the project was cancelled.

Comment

Gastronaut
      Can you give us an update on the PG&E station planned for Redding area?
      It will become a key to CNG availability between California and Oregon
      along I-5.
      '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
      '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
      FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

I have bad news. The Redding station plans were cancelled. PG&E decided it was not necessary to expand its CNG fleet in to the North state. I don't see this changing any time soon but Redding and Eureka both would serve as critical fueling locations for NGV's.

Wish I had better news to share.

Comment

is there any thing or anyone we can communicate with at PGE to pressure them to open up the Redding station. The information I got from a worker there was that there was a fill station there in the past. If the compressor still exitsts only the card reader would be needed?
          Cheers, mike By the way, the Salem motor pool is open for Cash only weekdays until 4:30 at least.

Comment

Let's think this through

PG&E's plans for Redding were cancelled when I checked in 2009. I looked to see if any CNG fueling was going on at that time but didn't find time-fill or anything at 3600 Meadow View Dr, Redding, CA PG&E New Construction Office (530) 246-xxxx (msg me if you need the, now, out-of-date #).

Interesting idea for a station in Eureka. Both Medford and Santa Rosa stations are ~ 200 miles away -- so I suppose an all season route into Oregon would be possible. Understand that, at this point, a half dozen different Honda GX's of all years have driven between Chico and Medford some 30 times since 2009 (that I know of.) These two stations are well equipped to handle the high volume needed for transit services in both cities, so you can't ask for better.

Comment

Re: Let's think this through

I spoke with the PG&E CNG account rep on 5-10-13 regarding my account, and then I asked about what happened on the Redding plan some time ago.
              He advised me that legislation by the State of Calif has prohibited PG&E from building new CNG fueling facilities, thus the nixing of Redding, etc.
              Presumeably then private enterprise would need to construct any new facility.
              '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
              '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
              FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Re: Let's think this through

Originally posted by cnguser View Post
                I spoke with the PG&E CNG account rep on 5-10-13 regarding my account, and then I asked about what happened on the Redding plan some time ago.
                He advised me that legislation by the State of Calif has prohibited PG&E from building new CNG fueling facilities, thus the nixing of Redding, etc.
                Presumeably then private enterprise would need to construct any new facility.
                NOT good to hear that artificial restrictions are preventing more public cng pumps in California. Any real documentation that CA legislature has put this in "law" for this artificial restriction? Can you post links?

Any wonderful involvement by "you know who" at preventing competition? Is PUC (public utility commission) being influenced by "you know who" to wrist-strap PG&E?

Comment

No new state laws, just the law of "can we make money on this" .

I came across this news story. The city gov. is prob. the only hope for the time being. No utility or "you know who" is going to invest in a new station without a fleet contract. That part of I5 has nothing for LNG , so it looks like UPS and Fedex arent interested in methane for trucking on that route at this time. 220 miles from chico to medford is easily doable in a gx, I would not look for PG and E to be spending on noncore projects anytime soon. They are under a 2.25 Billion $ mandate from the puc to upgrade pipelines , and that does not include lawsuits from the pipeline explosion with 8 killed , 68 injured and a bunch of houses destroyed. PG and E is not broke, but that kind of money is not pocket change.
                  Last edited by Lakewood90712; 05-12-2013, 06:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

A grant from the D.O.E to build stations in these gaps would be far better use of public money than millions to study a $500 home refuel appliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
                      A grant from the D.O.E to build stations in these gaps would be far better use of public money than millions to study a $500 home refuel appliance.
                      yep or even better let free enterprise build it and reep the profit

Comment

Working...
                      X