PG&E on Blaney Ave. on mobile compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG&E on Blaney Ave. on mobile compressor

On Friday the 29th the compressor threw a piston. They think it will take at least a week to make the repair.

In the meantime, they trucked-in a mobile compressor to keep the pump running. I fueled up today and got only 2000psi, which is about 2/3 of a full tank. I'll have to refuel on a daily basis to complete my commute without getting to close to empty.

Re: PG&E on Blaney Ave. on mobile compressor

we feel your pain

Comment

The Blaney station has been off and on for a very long time. It doesn't help when the microsoft Carpool vans fill up and deplete all of the CNG. I find that the blaney location is always a hit and miss.. They need more capacity.
      Last edited by lcovelli; 09-01-2009, 10:46 AM.
      Silver 09 GX
      Phill G:1.5

Comment

The Blaney location no longer has the portable power supply and I got 3500psi yesterday ...
        Silver 09 GX

Comment

PG&E has now closed the Blaney Ave. station "Until Further Notice"!!!!

This notice was taped across both hoses and the kiosk.

This sucks, as the next nearest station will add 10 miles and probably 20 minutes to my commute, not to mention the increased Pinnacle price...

I have a call in to their CNG help line (800-684-4648).

Please please please call and leave a complaint message!!!

Maybe if enough people complain they'll keep it open.

Comment

I was running on empty and got to the Blaney Station... Bummer...drove out to pinnacle at SJC. WOW what a great fill. 175 miles and still have a 1/2 tank!! Not only that when I fueled up, It lit every bar on the fuel gauge!!
            Last edited by lcovelli; 09-11-2009, 09:56 AM.
            Silver 09 GX

Comment

Well, with my daily commute, I'm afraid to get much below half a tank.

My daily commute is 50 miles total, roughly 1/3 a tank.

I refuel every other day, so I always have 50+ miles range at all times.

Does the Pinnacle at SJC and the waste center on Thomas road take Visa still? They used to have their own card, but dropped it because folks weren't paying.

I can't afford the cost of a Phill or additional tanks.

Comment

PGE called me back. They said that the Blaney station has an old compressor which is hard to find parts for when it breaks down. They found the part and will be getting it within a week or so. So figure time it takes to fix and test but Blaney will be up and running shortly.

My commute is 90 miles/day. I fill up every 2 days from the 3K psi pump at Blaney, Now instead of 85 to So. SJ, I take the 101 to either Pinnacle on Thomas (which to me is a bit Ghetto) or to SJC. both take Visa/MC and we're at 1.72/GGE as of yesterday.
                With a 50 mile commute on a 3600 psi pump, might last you one extra day. Give it a try and keep the AAA card handy.

Luigi
                Silver 09 GX

Comment

My commute is around 105 miles round trip (Gilroy to Palo Alto). I prefer the Blaney station as it is the closest refueling station on my preferred commute route. I wish PG&E would upgrade that station to 3600 PSI, but that doesn't seem in the mix.

My best refuels have been at the San Jose Airport, but traffic is such a pain on Hwy 101 that I try to avoid it, even with my clear air carpool lane sticker. I have a malfunctiong Phill unit at home. (Don't get me started on the whole Fuelmaker situation...)

I continue to wait for the CIty of Palo Alto to open their station (delayed for months now), and rumor had it that PG&E was going to open a new refueling station in south San Jose, but haven't heard anything new about that one for months.

Comment

Originally posted by lcovelli View Post
                    The Blaney station has been off and on for a very long time. It doesn't help when the microsoft Carpool vans fill up and deplete all of the CNG. I find that the blaney location is always a hit and miss.. They need more capacity.
                    Lately I've had bad luck there too. Besides the MS vans, I see frickin' school buses there around lunch time taking all the gas. That's the problem. They should upgrade the compressor since this one is broken down. No better time to fix it.

Comment

I refuel around 7am. Other folks fueling up at that time include taxis, Sunnyvale utility pickups, and other private users. There is the occasional schoolbus and garbage truck, but I haven't seen them in quite a while.

The compressor went down on 05/29/09.
                      They brought in a mobile compressor on 05/31/09.
                      About a week ago they removed the mobile compressor and shut down the station.
                      Maybe they had an urgent need somewhere else for the mobile compressor.

You'd think they would provide more communication...

Comment

When I called 2 weeks ago they responded pretty quickly.
                        I just got a call today and Blaney is up again.
                        Enjoy!
                        Silver 09 GX

Comment

I hope it is back up. I went by last night on my way home from work and it was still down.

Comment

Mobile compressor is back...
                            Only got 2K PSI yesterday... Going to have to inch and tap the gas pedal to get me to Pinnacle this evening.
                            Silver 09 GX

Comment

Let's hope they don't pull the moblie compressor like they did a few weeks ago...

Comment

Working...
                              X