No announcement yet.

Any new refueling stations coming soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new refueling stations coming soon?

Has anyone heard any rumors or know of any new refueling stations coming to Northern California?

To date, I have heard that the City of Palo Alto might have a refueling station open to the public, and that PG&E may open a new refueling station in south San Jose.

Has anyone heard anything else?

Re: Any new refueling stations coming soon?

Originally posted by johnny 99 View Post
    Has anyone heard any rumors or know of any new refueling stations coming to Northern California?

To date, I have heard that the City of Palo Alto might have a refueling station open to the public, and that PG&E may open a new refueling station in south San Jose.

Has anyone heard anything else?
    The following document from August 2008 suggests PG&E may be taking over operation of a Monterey CNG station and opening it to the public:
    http://www.monterey.org/ccncl/packet.../080819/c8.pdf
    Patent Counsel
    '04 F150 Dedicated
    '11 Civic GX
    '11 BMW ActiveE
    FMQ2-36
    FM4

Comment

Thanks for the head's up. I used to live in Pacific Grove, and we still head down to Monterey often. It would be great to have a refueling option on the peninsula.

Comment

I just had my safety training with the PG&E guy this week. He gave me 2 good pieces of information:

1) Richmond is supposed to come back online July 26th or so. It will have add a 3600 PSI pump and have more storage capacity.

2) He mentioned that they are working on a station in Redding for early-mid 2010. It's the next big undertaking. They apparently already have a fleet that is pushing them to get it done and Honda dealers are selling GXs.

Comment

Hey this is great news for the North/South travelers along I-5:

"He mentioned that they are working on a station in Redding for early-mid 2010. It's the next big undertaking".

Heading North, this gets you to Medford. Too bad PG&E doesn't serve Oregon - we need a station in about Eugene, then you could easily travel from California to Vancouver, B.C., without an extra tank in a Civic GX.
          '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
          '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
          FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Yeah for PG&E again. I had hoped that area would open up. Now if I-80 would get some stations to the east ... and another option for Reno ...

Comment

I originally posted this a few months ago with little response on new stations. It is now August. Has anyone heard of any new refueling stations coming online soon in Northern California? The Palo Alto station is months behind, but that may actually happen soon. I had heard rumors of a new PG&E station in South San Jose, but have heard nothing officially about that one.

Is it me or are have we hit a point where momentum on new stations has died and nothing new is happening?

Comment

The only news I've herd about CNG in No. Ca. Was that it is rumored Tom, who as far as I'm concerned ran CNG for PG&E, died . He was a hell of a nice guy and a God in the CNG world. I don't know how this will effect PG&E's program.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny 99 View Post
                  I originally posted this a few months ago with little response on new stations. It is now August. Has anyone heard of any new refueling stations coming online soon in Northern California? The Palo Alto station is months behind, but that may actually happen soon. I had heard rumors of a new PG&E station in South San Jose, but have heard nothing officially about that one.

Is it me or are have we hit a point where momentum on new stations has died and nothing new is happening?
                  When I got my PG&E Training about a year ago, the PGE rep at the time had said that the substation off of Santa Theresa will be up by Q3 2009. I drove down there to take a look and there was no entry and didn't see any pumps..
                  Silver 09 GX
                  Phill G:1.5

Comment

Regarding Palo Alto CNG refueling station. This project is being held up by one silly constraint !! There is no telecommunications infrastructure at the location to connect between the city Utility servers and the payment kiosks !! Can you believe it ? No T1s, no cable, no fiber at this location in Palo Alto - Silicon Valley !! They are trying to work on a wireless solution but are concerned about security.. Unbelievable...

Comment

And we think the government can handle nationwide health care?

Comment

They can use a data port through a 3 G telephone connection. Digitally encrypted, simple, cost effective and already available in the market.

Silly me goverment agency to simple and cost effective

This is a no brainer problem to sort out

Comment

Originally posted by PA_fartfuel View Post
                          Regarding Palo Alto CNG refueling station. This project is being held up by one silly constraint !! There is no telecommunications infrastructure at the location to connect between the city Utility servers and the payment kiosks !! Can you believe it ? No T1s, no cable, no fiber at this location in Palo Alto - Silicon Valley !! They are trying to work on a wireless solution but are concerned about security.. Unbelievable...
                          Wow. That is pathetic. I would like to see this station open by the end of the year, bc I'm buying my first place in San Jose off 280. With my commute to Menlo Park, Palo Alto would be perfect. Can't depend on the Cupertino PG and E station.

Comment

Wow, these people must be living in a cave.
                            I see 3G paypoints attached to water machines at grocery stores in rural communities outside of Tucson for pitty's sake.

Sounds like government involvement to me. Sorry, we can't handle making or saving money, it's not in our DNA (Department of No Accountability).
                            Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Porterville is getting CNG. I just posted the info in the "In The News" thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X