This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PG&E Fueling Card Application

Here's the process for PG&E off their site, along with the documentation required:

How to Open A PG&E CNG Fueling Account

Pacific Gas and Electric Company owns and operates a number of publicly-accessible natural gas fueling stations at its Service Centers throughout the PG&E service territory. To fuel at PG&E stations, you’ll need to establish a "Compressed Natural Gas Fueling Card" account.
    To open this account you will need to fill out, date, sign, and return copies of our NATURAL GAS FUELING CARD APPLICATION and COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS FUELING AGREEMENT - either by fax or U.S. Mail (both are located at the bottom of the Application form).
    (Note: Both forms are available below in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. You can either print them out and fill-out by hand, or the Word version allows you to type your information on-screen using the TAB key to move from block to block, and then print for signature. You will need Acrobat Reader, which is free, to view and print the PDF versions. Follow this link to download your copy.)
    Compressed Natural Gas Fueling Agreement Word (DOC, 113 KB) | PDF (PDF, 45 KB)
    Natural Gas Fueling Card Application Word_ (DOC, 221 KB) | PDF_ (PDF, 96 KB)
    Once we receive your completed documents we will set up a Billing account and create your cards. (Processing of your new account can take approximately 2 weeks time). While your Application is being processed in our main office one of our Field Program Managers will call you to make an appointment to meet with you (or whomever you designate) at one of our stations to administer fuel training (you will be given a paper directory of locations for CNG fuel stations in California at that time).
    [However, if you live outside of PG&E's service territory you will need to submit a copy of any CNG fuel training certificate you may have that demonstrates you have been trained in the proper use of refueling a vehicle that uses compressed natural gas. (Please submit this copy along with your completed NATURAL GAS FUELING CARD APPLICATION and COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS FUELING AGREEMENT.) If you were not issued a CNG fuel training certificate - but were trained on the proper use by an authorized instructor -you may submit in writing, by e-mail, or letter, a short description of that training session. (Be sure to include; when, where, how, and by whom you were trained). If you have not been trained by an authorized person or entity you will be required to meet with one of PG&E's Field Program Managers at an agreed upon station for state-mandated fuel training BEFORE taking possession of your new fueling card(s).]
    If you have any questions about the application process, or would like to obtain these documents by e-mail or U.S. Mail, please call our Clean Air Transportation Help Line at 1(800) 684-4648.
    To see the latest price per therm or Gasoline Gallon Equivalent (GGE) that PG&E is charging at its CNG fueling stations, click on this link: NGV2-Rate Schedule. You can tell what month the price is good for by checking the "Effective" date in the footer of the document.
    View a sample copy of the Exhibit A document (PDF, 83 KB) that you will be signing when you meet with a Field Program Manager for safety training.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

I see that this form requires you to fill in your vehicle information. I don't yet have a CNG car, but will (hopefully) soon. I was thinking I'd get my PG&E card now so I can actually fill up when I DO get a car (there's only one station within 30 miles of my house, and it's a PG&E), and not have to wait a week or two for the paperwork/training to be done. Does anyone know if I can send it in without personal car info and get the card before actually having a CNG car?

Comment

From my experience, you get your card at your training session. You have to have your car at the training session so that you can train how to fill your car - and they also inspect your tank year inspection sticker. My guess is that you can apply - but you will not get it until your car is in your possession. I rarely use the PG&E stations anymore. I find the other brands easier easier to access and use. Best of luck!

Comment

How I remember it,
          I signed up, got the training, then the card was issued.
          Training happens using a PGE GX.. LOL, Thought I could use my car to weeze some gas.. LOL
          So I used pinnacle for a bout 2 weeks.
          Silver 09 GX
          Phill G:1.5

Comment

Call Adam Lambert on the number listed on the application form. I found him very helpful; perhaps he could train you on one of their vehicles so that there is no delay when you do get a car - the worst that can happen is he will say no...

Comment

I applied over two weeks ago and received an email so schedule an appointment which I replied to but haven't heard anything since. The 800 number goes to voice mail, the general and Adam Egbert emails are unresponsive. Can anyone share Adam's direct number or suggest a solution. 2+ weeks for a simple card is ridiculous.

Comment

Along with my PG&E application I enclosed a letter explaining my fueling experience elsewhere along with copies of paid receipts from other CNG stations.
                That was OK and I got my PG&E cards without further to do.
                I think they are more accommodating if you reside far from their facilities, such as Oregon or So California.
                '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
                '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
                FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Hm, I just purchased a NGV vehicle in late November, planned on driving from Southern CA to Northern CA for Christmas, but just found out
                  about the PG&E card. I wish I had known about that earlier, now I have to find other transportation.

Comment

Station operational updates are emailed to PG&E card holders. Vacaville is down June 3 from 9-3 for service, as an example. The status updates are sporadic and brief - if they were posted to cngprices.com the station would appear to be out-of-service for days when outage is normally just a part of a day.

PG&E card makes travel MUCH in Northern CA (Bakersfield, Salinas, and Santa Cruz too!) Costs nothing to keep, an invoice is received each month for only the fuel qty purchased. Application link appears earlier in this thread.

Comment

I got my training in downtown LA. We took a quick trip to pump for me to demonstrate my skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X