Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck without gas in Los Gatos...

Hi Everybody,

I'm in a bit of a pickle. When I got back from vacation, I noticed my truck low on gas and while starting it, the engine sputtered to a halt.
    I need to tow it to a filling station and the closest one I know of is at the SJ airport.

Is there anyone in the Los Gatos, Campell, Saratoga area in a position to do me a solid? I can get the truck towed to your place at a convenient time and be on my merry way in 15 minutes.

Please email me directly or post to the forum if you have a suggestion which might be useful to someone in the future!

Thanks!!
    Blaise AT Gmail

Re: Stuck without gas in Los Gatos...

A truck that's dedicated CNG? What year? Two of your 3 closest CNG stations are PG&E. Turns out "re-applying" for that card was helpful for a number of people who, after getting their tanks inspected, discovered the fill receptacle needed replacing, a couple of leaks were discovered or, in my case, the tank in my 2001 GX was actually a year 2000 tank that will need to be replaced THIS YEAR! Sweet and to the point, PG&E knows the fuel systems can have problems and that the tanks are only certified for a number of years (usually 15.) The card re-application process absolves the manufacturer, fuel station, and CNG inspector of liability in the event of an accident or crash. THERE WAS A CNG SHOP IN HUNTINGTON BEACH THAT HAD TO PAY OUT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS FOR A COLLISION where the tank remained intact JUST BECAUSE OF THE LAWYERS.

The SJ Airport is not among the three closest CNG stations and I would not recommend using it because they just had another security breach (this is the field that the stowaway climbed in the wheel well and flew to Hawaii). I stopped to take pictures of the Trillium twin compressors and 4-tube storage tanks at the Airport station and security showed up within minutes asking me to move on. Better to use the school bus public dispenser at 2222 Unified Way San Jose CA (lots of room for tow truck and others to get around you) or the Specialty Solid Waste at 3351 Thomas Rd Santa Clara CA - though you'll be blocking a busy fuel lane while being unloaded from the tow truck.

I know your post was asking who had a (solid) Slow-Fill in your neighborhood. To avoid being disparaging, it's usually referred to as Time-Fill. And, with the many public stations available in Santa Clara County, I know a number of people near you but they all fill at fast-fill stations.

Comment

I used the 2222 Unified Way San Jose yesterday/Sunday. As usual for the weekend it was not busy. Tow truck access for drop off would be unusually easy and roomy at that place.
      Sold GX

Comment

So what happened to the truck? Or did you just push it home?
        Sold GX

Comment

Originally posted by 300mileclub View Post

The SJ Airport is not among the three closest CNG stations and I would not recommend using it because they just had another security breach (this is the field that the stowaway climbed in the wheel well and flew to Hawaii). I stopped to take pictures of the Trillium twin compressors and 4-tube storage tanks at the Airport station and security showed up within minutes asking me to move on. Better to use the school bus public dispenser at 2222 Unified Way San Jose CA (lots of room for tow truck and others to get around you) or the Specialty Solid Waste at 3351 Thomas Rd Santa Clara CA - though you'll be blocking a busy fuel lane while being unloaded from the tow truck.
          Thanks for the advice, it was spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by GX-SV View Post

So what happened to the truck? Or did you just push it home?

Oh, I got fueled up at Unified Way, just as you suggested.
            No problems since. I don't use the truck much these days and I'm considering selling it because I really need 4x4 now that I live in the Mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by blaisep View Post

Oh, I got fueled up at Unified Way, just as you suggested.
              No problems since. I don't use the truck much these days and I'm considering selling it because I really need 4x4 now that I live in the Mountains.
              Unified Way SJ now closed (since mid June), SJ airport and Junction Ave SJ are local options.
              Sold GX

Comment

Help, I'm stuck in Santa Cruz!

I used to commute up to the Unified Way SJ station on my way home on Friday nights, but is it still closed since mid-June? I might be able to make it on up to the San Jose airport CNG station, but I'd rather not get stuck!

Does anyone have a closer time-fill setup or would be willing to meet me over at the Santa Cruz PG&E station one day this week (Aug 16 - 18)? Money isn't an issue, since it would cost at least $50 and be a huge hassle to get a tow.

Comment

Working...
                X