CNG Tank inspectors in SF Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG Tank inspectors in SF Bay Area

Wanted to give you my experience to save others some time. I was looking for the 36k mile inspection

1) Kelly's Truck Repair, San Leandro. Called to make an appointment. A nice woman mentioned that it was $140 per tank for a CNG inspection. When I called back to make an appointment, a man stated that it was $280. I asked about the previous quote and he said "she must not have mentioned the two tank minimum"

2) I called and emailed the Yellow Cab guy (from other posts on this board) in San Jose. Said he would call me back when he had time. Never did.

3) The 'independent guy' who works out of South SF quoted me $300.

4) The winner? Palo Alto Honda on Embarcadero near the airport. $155.

Re: CNG Tank inspectors in SF Bay Area

Thanks for the update with your experiences. As a reminder for all, Certified CNG Fuel System inspectors can be located at the CSA web site here:
    http://www.csagroup.org/us/en/servic.../people-search

Comment

Anyone know of a tank inspector in the East Bay doing it at a competitive price?

Comment

San Leandro Honda has always done tank inspections on my GX's. Medford Oregon Lithia Honda will perform tank inspections on any vehicle including conversions so I would expect any qualified CNG mechanic would be willing to do do. I don't recall the price - something like $135.

Comment

Originally posted by 300mileclub View Post
          San Leandro Honda has always done tank inspections on my GX's. Medford Oregon Lithia Honda will perform tank inspections on any vehicle including conversions so I would expect any qualified CNG mechanic would be willing to do do. I don't recall the price - something like $135.

Thanks for the suggestion. I made a appointment at San Leandro Honda for this Saturday. They quoted me $140 for inspection (Less than 2 miles from my house!).

They also told me $430 for the high and low filters, still debating on if I am going to do that or not at this point.

Comment

Something really bad must of happened for PG&E to send this out... Maybe they got pissed at people driving off with the nozzle still on.
            And the inspection is a joke.. Did anyone see the actual form. A monkey can do it...
            Silver 09 GX
            Phill G:1.5

Comment

Originally posted by lcovelli View Post
              Something really bad must of happened for PG&E to send this out... Maybe they got pissed at people driving off with the nozzle still on.
              And the inspection is a joke.. Did anyone see the actual form. A monkey can do it...
              I don't have any inside knowledge, but I suspect as continuing fall-out from the pipeline explosion a few years ago, all business units of P, G and E that handle gas are under intense scrutiny, not only regulatory , but by internal "Risk Management "(the company lawyers) on any risks that are known or "Should have known". CYA is low cost for the company.

Comment

Originally posted by jsorger View Post
                Wanted to give you my experience to save others some time. I was looking for the 36k mile inspection

1) Kelly's Truck Repair, San Leandro. Called to make an appointment. A nice woman mentioned that it was $140 per tank for a CNG inspection. When I called back to make an appointment, a man stated that it was $280. I asked about the previous quote and he said "she must not have mentioned the two tank minimum"

2) I called and emailed the Yellow Cab guy (from other posts on this board) in San Jose. Said he would call me back when he had time. Never did.

3) The 'independent guy' who works out of South SF quoted me $300.

4) The winner? Palo Alto Honda on Embarcadero near the airport. $155.
                maybe you could team up with a fellow cng chat member to get that 140 dollar price...something to consider for future use.

Comment

Thanks for doing the research. I just received the notice in the mail. great, more money for pg&e.

Comment

Working...
                  X