Sacramento, CA CNG station update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacramento, CA CNG station update

I just received a notice form Twin Rivers School District that as of 3/31/13 they will no longer be offering CNG fuel at McClellan Park. This has been my number one fueling station since I bought my 2011 Civic. After a little digging I found out from a fleet user, Paladin Security, that there is going to be a Regional Transit station opening at Dudley Blvd and Forcum Ave on McClellan Park. Does anyone have any more information on this new station? Are there other private non-fleet CNG users in Sacramento? Sometimes it seems like I’m the only one.

Re: Sacramento, CA CNG station update

I too would like to know, if I drive my GX to Citrus Heights to visit family.
    Sold GX

Comment

So what are people using for CNG around Sacramento?
      Sold GX

Comment

Originally posted by GX-SV View Post
        So what are people using for CNG around Sacramento?
        Have you checked www.cngprices.com?
        I have used the Woodland station. If you get the PG&E CNG charge card, you could use their stations also.
        '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
        '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
        FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

There are only TWO publicly available CNG stations in the Sacramento area. One is the PG&E station on Florin Perkins Rd. It is only open Mo-Fr from 6-6. The other is at the air port and it is 24 hrs. So if you live in South Sac or Rancho Cordova PG&E is good and if you live in Natomas the air port is convenient. That's it. PG&E in Davis, Woodland, Auburn and Grass Valley are 24 hrs, but not Sacramento.

Comment

Originally posted by RobS View Post
            There are only TWO publicly available CNG stations in the Sacramento area. One is the PG&E station on Florin Perkins Rd. It is only open Mo-Fr from 6-6. The other is at the air port and it is 24 hrs. So if you live in South Sac or Rancho Cordova PG&E is good and if you live in Natomas the air port is convenient. That's it. PG&E in Davis, Woodland, Auburn and Grass Valley are 24 hrs, but not Sacramento.
            Thanks Rob S.

Have you ever used the Elk Grove station, (I hear that is open to public)?
            Sold GX

Comment

Sacramento County Airport offers their proprietary fuel card to the public for CNG fueling. The 4-page application is attached. Please send back the original and a copy of your drivers license. Also, please indicate on the application whether this is for commercial or personal usage. Private message me for an email if needed, but nothing more is needed other than to fill out attached forms and mail in. It's free to get a cngchat login to print the forms attached.

Sacramento County Airport System
              6900 Airport Boulevard
              Sacramento, CA 95837-1109

(916) 874-0629 (Office)
              (916) 874-0766 (Fax)
              www.sacaramento.aero
              Attached Files

Comment

So is Elk Grove the only one in area open to general public with conventional VISA card?
                Sold GX

Comment

Originally posted by GX-SV View Post
                  So is Elk Grove the only one in area open to general public with conventional VISA card?
                  I used it yesterday, not as easy to use as Trillium. A bus driver was kind enough to assist me since the card reader nearest my pump was down. Any card reader can be used, just enter pump number.

Recently (May 2016) I used this Elk Grove station again, paid with Visa card and had no problems.
                  Last edited by GX-SV; 06-06-2016, 11:11 AM.
                  Sold GX

Comment

Ran across this thread and thought I add I've got a fuel station on 8550 Fruitridge Road, Sacramento CA 95826 (across from the PG&E station) that is open to the "controlled public". By that I mean the gate is open 6am to 5pm M-F, you need a Clean Energy or any other major fleet (Wex, Voyager, etc) card to use the pumps and I CAN give you after-hours access. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I can answer any questions directly.

For perspective - this is a CNG site with the Sacramento BioDigester is onsite that is creating RNG from Food waste. Here's an article about it if anyone is curious -
                    The City refuse trucks will use the Sacramento BioDigester, a machine that converts food waste into renewable gas.
                    Talk to me! www.atlasrefuel.com & www.facebook.com/refuelenergypartners/

Comment

I received a letter from Sacramento Intl Airport that my fueling account is being closed as of Aug 15 2016. An independent airporter shuttle service I called by phone said they didnt get the letter and expect to still be able to fuel there. The letter comes as a surprise because of how common it is to find public CNG fueling at or near an airport due to the shuttles that commonly depend on it. CNG is found at the following 44 airports on-site or at an adjacent private station:

SEA SFO OAK SJC SNA LAX BUR SAN LAS PHX TUS ABQ SLC DEN AMA DFW AUS SAT HOU OKC STL GRB MKE ORD MEM LIT MSY ATL FAY CLT TLH MCO TPA BNA SDF CLE CAK PIT BWI LGA HVN BDL BOS JFK-nonoperational(*)

For the record, Nashville TN (BNA) also ended public access to its airport station and now directs public fill customers to an alternate site a mile away. Sacramento cited cost of maintaining station as the reason for only using it for Airport vehicles from now on. Nothing was mentioned regarding their three dozen 24 passenger shuttles are likely reaching their tank expiration dates - and what will be done when they do. The CNG station has two ANGI skids, six spheres and a mobile Hurricane compressor that has never been needed as a backup. It was never really available to the casual driver because, although it was free, a plastic key was required to operate the dispensers.

CNG_SacAir3.JPG CNG_Davis_airporter.JPG CNG_Sac_letter.jpg

Comment

Well that's interesting. Thanks for posting the picture 300. I'm going to bug a few contacts and see if I can get some background on it. I haven't heard anything either about them closing off retail access to the County Station.

Comment

Talked with my crew yesterday afternoon and "We", as business not an individual, got this letter also. Our first guess is they are moving to a "County Use" only type station as listed in there letter. Given how they procure their CNG supply & the logistics a government entity has to do in order to sell "retail", we feel this is accurate. More details as I get them.

Comment

So in short (as in 2016 update) what are the CNG stations in Sacramento area available to public with regular credit card? Elk Grove...
                            Sold GX

Comment

That's about it. If you get a Clean Energy card I can get you access to my Station across the street from PG&E on Fruitridge. 24/7 is available w/ a CE Card (County Rules)

Comment

Working...
                              X