PG&E Denying After Hours Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG&E Denying After Hours Access

I just got a letter from PG&E stating that as of February 1st, they will no longer be allowing after hours access to their pumps located in locked yards (they now will give a key card allowing after hours access to regular users.) The letter states:

In order to maintain the integrity of our service centers as well as help ensure the safety of our
    employees and customers, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) can no longer allow customers to
    access PG&E CNG fueling stations, located within the utility operations yard, after normal business
    hours. Accordingly, effective February 1,2013, your current ACME facility access card for PG&E CNG
    vehicle fueling stations will be cancelled.

Does anyone know the backstory? Have they had problems, or are they just being bureaucratic?

Re: PG&E Denying After Hours Access

All the stations in the bay area are outside the gates of their service yards. I don't know what there talking about? Maybe for employees? I didn't receive a letter in the mail.

Comment

Fueled at PG&E since program inception. Only gated pump I used was Richmond CA

And the yard security people were the nicest folk you could meet. I once intentionally fueled in Richmond on a rare time I gave an airport traveler a ride - so there would be a record of my having stopped there in case I disappeared. The woman had missed an intercity bus connection. I can't name the other locked pumps because I thought just about all of them were outside the yards. So here's the list (pumps inside gates in bold):

PG&E Chico Service Center, CA
      PG&E Grass Valley Service Center, CA
      PG&E Marysville Service Center, CA
      PG&E Auburn Service Center, CA
      PG&E Davis Service Center, CA
      PG&E Santa Rosa Service Center, CA
      PG&E Concord Service Center, CA
      PG&E San Rafael Service Center, CA
      PG&E Richmond Service Center, CA
      PG&E Hayward Service Center , CA
      PG&E San Francisco Service Center, CA at 536 Treat Avenue
      PG&E Downtown San Francisco, CA
      PG&E Vacaville Service Center, CA
      PG&E Cupertino Service Center, CA
      PG&E San Carlos Service Center, CA
      PG&E Santa Cruz Service Center, CA
      PG&E San Jose Service Center, CA
      PG&E San Rafael Service Center, CA
      PG&E Salinas Service Center, CA
      PG&E Stockton Service Center, CA
      PG&E Merced Service Center, CA
      PG&E Richmond Service Center, CA
      PG&E Los Banos, CA
      PG&E Fresno Service Center, CA
      PG&E Bakersfield Service Center, CA
      PG&E Florin-Perkins Service Center Sacramento, CA

Comment

Re: Fueled at PG&E since program inception. Only gated pump I used was Richmond CA

The Downtown San Jose (San Jose Service off Stockton Ave) is behind a locked Gate. I've entered through the gate on Lenzen Ave as early at 6:55 am on a weekday but seen it locked on a weekend night in the past week.

Comment

Re: Fueled at PG&E since program inception. Only gated pump I used was Richmond CA

This one is behind a locked gate as well.
          PG&E Santa Cruz Service Center, CA

Comment

What are PG&E's normal business hours??? 9am-5pm?

Comment

The only CNG station in my county, Marin County, is the San Rafael PG&E station. It's open 7am to 4pm M-F. Sucks. More than once we've had to drive 30 miles each way to the next nearest CNG station on a Sunday afternoon to fill up so I could get to work on Monday... It's enough that after 2 years with the Civic, we're moving on to a plug in hybrid. I'd like to keep the CNG Civic (it's been reliable, and it's paid for), but the difficulty of getting home fueling, and the non-existence of filling stations has kicked [].

Sorry, just venting on a day when I missed the closing of the gate by about 5 minutes. Now I'll have to hit it right at 7am tomorrow and be late to work.
              Last edited by CNGLO; 12-12-2013, 02:33 PM. Reason: TOS language violation

Comment

Re: PG&E Denying After Hours Access

Haven't wasted time using PG&E pumps yet.
                Sold GX

Comment

Working...
                X