Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CNG stations- Boise Idaho said to open Nov. 2010, Nampa soon to follow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weights and measures technician in Salem Oregon reports BLU did not dispense enough (if any) LNG from its station at SpaceAge fuels in 2017 to retain a resale certificate. BLU plans to remove the station when its lease runs out in a couple of years.

Also reported was that the LNG station in Stanfield Oregon was never loaded with LNG at the PILOT truck stop (nor were any hoses ever attached to the dispensers) and that CleanEnergy plans to remove the station.

Apparently the I-84 / I-90 corridor will be served by the LNG stations in Sumner WA and Salt Lake City UT - 850 miles apart.

Comment

Seems CNG is not in the works for the LOVES in Boardman Oregon along I-84 as indicated in the 7-26-2016 post above. In his remarks at a Clean Cities seminar on CNG for Trucking Fleets given in Portland Oregon 9-5-2018, William Zoebel, VP Business Development Marketing & Strategy for Loves, said CNG will be rolled out where trucking firms enter into fuel contracts. Of the legacy stations that had been operating at Loves Travel Centers nationwide, he said sales have been high in Florida and the Texas Triangle.

Mr. Zoebel also commented that the performance of battery electric vehicle technology will be found to be lacking in class 8 trucks. Natural gas will remain the ideal fuel for price and for meeting emissions limits.

Comment

Working...
      X