Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I reading this right? A public station in BOISE?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I reading this right? A public station in BOISE?

I stumbled onto this statement in this article--

"Allied Waste Services is providing the first CNG fuel station with public access in Idaho, which will open in early in 2010." The article states Boise.

After a little searching, I found the official press release at
    http://www.republicservices.com/pr-36.html

"The public fueling station, which will be complete in 2010, will make it possible for individuals, fleet operators and local governments to switch to CNG fuel."

Re: Am I reading this right? A public station in BOISE?

That will be nice. It was just brought up in this thread: http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....3000#post33000
    www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Unfortunately, it's still 285 miles from Brigham City to Boise, and about 430 miles from Portland. It would be great to see a few more stations, say in Twin Falls, Baker City, or Pendleton... that could make CNG travel in the Northeast more feasible. It would sure be nice to be able to travel to Washington some route other than California.

Comment

... and unfortunately the Portland station is closing at the end of this month

Comment

This is great news.... Do I need to get a clean energy card to fill up, I guess?

When I leave Seattle, all fueled up. I can make it all the way to Boise 500 miles away, using both CNG and regular gas in my Cavalier. So, this is welcome news!
          2002 Cavalier
          2003 Cavalier
          2004 Cavalier

Comment

On December 4 2009, I sent the Allied Waste Services People an Email [ [email protected] ] asking if they could supply any information for www.cngprices.com . I have not heard back from the Allied People yet.

I hope we're not scaring them with our enthusiasm

Stu Man

Originally posted by Hughes View Post
            This is great news.... Do I need to get a clean energy card to fill up, I guess?

When I leave Seattle, all fueled up. I can make it all the way to Boise 500 miles away, using both CNG and regular gas in my Cavalier. So, this is welcome news!

Comment

Any word yet?

Heading to Seattle this weekend... not holding my breath though...
              2002 Cavalier
              2003 Cavalier
              2004 Cavalier

Comment

I also sent them an email. No reply.
                2002 Cavalier
                2003 Cavalier
                2004 Cavalier

Comment

Is this station public yet?

Comment

According to the Clean Energy website, this station is now operational, but is not yet open to the public. If you click on the map and select the station it says that they expect it to be open to the public by the end of the year. I'm crossing my fingers.

FYI the address for this station is listed as:
                    11101 West Executive Drive
                    Boise, Idaho 83713

If anyone is passing through, you should drive by and see if you can get some real info from a living, breathing human being.

Comment

I called Allied Waste today and spoke with a fellow named Ron, he is the Operations manager. He indicated that the station development is moving along as planned, and they expect to have a fully functional public station open by the end of November 2010. He indicated that it would accept Visa/Mastercard.

He also told me that they are planning a second station in Nampa that they expect will open in January of 2011.

Comment

Seems the station is near its opening date so I will close this thread. Please take up the discussion here:
                        http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....soon-to-follow!

Comment

Working...
                        X