why was it closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why was it closed

why was the last thread closed was it for my last post that I put up about shooting holes in tanks if so this was done with the tanks bolted to a 27000 pound trailer from behind a concrete and dirt wall 2 foot thick from 2000 feet back so I beleave in a safe manner and what we learned dose make me feel much safer in a cng car than gasoline seeing is much better than reading or is it that some one dosnt want fokes to know how tough these tanks are or some other cause

Re: why was it closed

Tests are part of the certification process. There is a film you can view on the internet called "severe abuse test" It was done by CNG Cylinder Corp. Do a google.

I also have some pictures of a type II steel cylinder from PST that a police department shot up -- empty. It is labled as to the type of round used. I also have pictures of what happened under the fiber glass overwrap; maybe I'll post those picture a little later.

What type of cylinder were you using and who made it?

Larrycng

Comment

When a thread starts getting off original topic , it may be closed by staff.
      Often a thread with one subject involves so many other issues, it just gets too broad to follow.

Threads in "The Lounge " usually are kept open even when they drift .

You are welcome to start a new thread on most any subject in "The Lounge", and on specific topics in specific forums.

Comment

thanx cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by larrycng View Post
          Tests are part of the certification process. There is a film you can view on the internet called "severe abuse test" It was done by CNG Cylinder Corp. Do a google.

I also have some pictures of a type II steel cylinder from PST that a police department shot up -- empty. It is labled as to the type of round used. I also have pictures of what happened under the fiber glass overwrap; maybe I'll post those picture a little later.

What type of cylinder were you using and who made it?

Larrycng
          it was chinese writeing on it dont know or couldnt read the mfg type 1 steel we got new ammo and shot it again to day made about a 1/4 hole loud hiss as in very than we put the other one in the brackets also pumped to 2400 and put a gasoline soaked rag next to it and set it on fire for sorce of ign than shot it and it blew the fire out rather than icnite CNG THE SAFE FUEL

Comment

The natural gas was too rich to burn. You would have to put further away and had to raised the burning rag above the cylinder. Natural gas is lighter than air and will have to defuse a bit to get the natrual gas in it flamability range.

Larrycng

Comment

thats what I thought to little o2 for the fuel volume I dont think lighter than had much to do with it as the rag was tied to a fence post and it flaped like a flag the gas blew ihe flame out as no o2 presant I bet the gas was going aleast 100 mph maby more

Comment

Working...
              X