ONG has new dispenser at 15 street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONG has new dispenser at 15 street

You should see new card readers SOOOON. So far they have replaced the compressor and storage at 15 street service center.

ONG is using Oklahoma manufactured equipment. They are spending thier money in Oklahoma which is keeping all of us in Jobs and keeping this money turning around in Oklahoma. Every thing on a CNG station can now be manufactured in Oklahoma. This supports our state with sales tax, Jobs, and keeping our money turning over here not in Texas, WI or CA. Show your support for Oklahoma converted vehicles as well. There are three or four major companies doing conversions now, there is no reason to take your vehicle out of state for service or installation.

Our state is giving a very generous tax credit to convert your vehicle and build a station I would like to see that credit to only be good against Oklahoma manufactured equipment. There are plenty of compressor companies here in Oklahoma needing work and this could help. Some of the new stations in OK do not have one thing from a Oklahoma manufacture and they got big money from our state. One companies even used out of state contractors to install this out of state equipment. This is your tax dollars in those credits, Support Oklahoma investment!!!!!

I'll get off my soap box.
    Attached Files

Re: ONG has new dispenser at 15 street

Tom, Terrific news for us Okie's !!! Thanks for everything you are doing to improve cng in Oklahoma!!

I ditto your remarks that OK should keep OK money here in OK. Hope you're swamped with work . . . and when you get OK done, move on to AR, then KS, then NE, etc !!

Comment

Good news Tom. I really like your dispensers better than those very tempermental Greenfields. Are your new ones going to have a card reader and printer on the pump?

Comment

We can do the card reader but it is very expensive because of the explosion proof area that it is in. My competitor uses a method called "air purging" and that a whole big bad bag or worms we dont want to get into as far as reliabilty. We use a method called "Intrisically Safe Wiring" where the voltage and wattage is so low that it will not light natural gas.

ONG has purchased new cardreader for the complete state so you will see a major change in the reliabilty of the card reader at their station in the next few months. Most of the customer issure with thier station circle around those 16 year old card readers. Any time you see them thank them for the investment back into these stations. Many gas companies are taking theirs out and they are upgrading.

Later this summer we will have a call to arms to keep our tax credits in Oklahoma and not let this money be spent out of state and send those jobs out of state. Support your local conversion shop and support your local CNG station that is using Oklahoma manufactured equipment. We will need every one to call your state congressman to voice your opionion about this loophole in the law that allows some one to spend our tax credit money out of our state or even out of this country.
        With the way our state has matured every thing for a CNG station or a CNG vehicle can be purchased and or built in Oklahoma.

Comment

It,s interesting that they are replacing the card readers, I almost never have any problem with them. Most of the problems I experience with this ONG stations are related to the compressors or inadequate storage capacity. I work with ONG amlost every day and I do thank them for hanging in there. I know a lot of people in the company didn't want to and a couple of years ago it didn't look very promising. They really do deserve a lot of credit for doing the right thing. I ask the question about the card reader and the printer because I have ask CE and Chesapeake management why they don't use your dispensers and the most common excuse is no printer in the pump.

Comment

I concur with Rover comment that card readers (even though quite old) are reliable. In over 2 years, I've only had two instances where card reader kept me from getting cng:
            a) pouring rain, sleet & snow and card swipe was too wet to read card that got wet when inserting into slot - - this was Bartlesville, OK (yep, no canopy but driving wind still would have likely caused problem with moisture)
            b) also at Bartlesville where it was picky about version of MasterCard that was used (ie wouldn't take Sears MC, but processed fine with a different MC - - that same Sears MC worked fine at Ponca City, OK earlier that day)

What I'd really love to see are deliberate cycles of low / medium / high when the dispenser is filling. That's when I get the maximum fill at ONG sites. In particular, once at Ponca City, OK the dispenser cycled through low/med/high and filled empty cng tank of bi-fuel Cavalier with slightly over 6 gge's !!! My previous record when going in for fast-fill was 5.1 gge at Ponca, so that 100% full 3,600 psi (or higher) fill was absolutely terriffic. Never have had that low/med/high at any other ONG location since.

Likely will take compressor work and new dispensers at nearly all ONG sites to dramatically raise psi to get good 3,600 psi fast-fill.
            Last edited by cngacrossusa; 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

ONG installed a 125 HP Oklahoma made ( ARROW ) compressor this summer at 15th steet, Just deliver a new 125 HP at SE 59 in OKC and a new dispenser. HP is every thing at a CNG station. look for these two station to fill as good as mine at TGT.

The deal with the card readers is a new federal rule called "PCI Complient" (Government BS) The old card readers are OK but the new ones will be a lot better. The old Auto Gas Card readers are a design that is 35 years old, These were all installed in the mid 90s. Look at your lap top " I think they had a good life!"

Comment

Are these new card readers going to accept the Fuelman & Wright Express gas cards? The only station that will take our Wright Express cards is the Cheasapeke on Western in OKC. I haven't tried the airport since their gas is much higher than everywhere else.

Comment

I am not sure on the Write Express cars. I will ask, That is part of the network that I dont deal with. There is a huge phone company that likes to use Write Express. We are working to acept it at our station someday. Write Express is a little difficult to work with unless you do a huge volume of business with them.

Comment

I drove by the SE 59th station today and it looked like the new compressor has been plumbed, but the new dispenser hadn't been installed yet. When is it supposed to be functional with the new pump?

Comment

Great work TOMTGT in getting these upgrades for OK network of public pumps at ONG.

To clarify the 15th street new dispenser is at ONG main site in Tulsa, OK while the SE 59th site that is being discussed above is in Oklahoma City, OK.

Quite remarkable that small gas company ONEOK with around 40 pumps in OK and KS, is making news for upgrading card readers that ALREADY ACCEPT VISA/MC and improving them to yet even greater capability to accept other fuel cards like Fuelman, Wright Express, etc.

Compare to entire state of New York and Colorado where national public company (CE . . .aka CE/GE . . see prior posts) has full MONOPOLY position for the entire state (with very high prices on top of that), yet those card readers ONLY accept dumbed-down access card that isn't even a real-time transaction!!! Thus, no public cng access to drive up and use your VISA or MC is these Clean Energy territories. For NY and CO, those old card readers are periodically "data dumped" with a daily modem call that then transmits tranactions that are processed after-the-fact. That's what I call old technology using STICKS and ROCKS !!
                      Last edited by cngacrossusa; 11-09-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

SE 59 should be up and running any day now I expect the dispenser will be working any time as well.

Comment

Drove by today and the new dispenser was operational. Thanks for another great place to fill up.

Comment

I used the SE 59th st 3600 PSI pump today and it worked great. There was no new card reader though and still the old Visa/MC only as far as I know. I have had problems with this card reader several times in the past using Visa. So they have a 3000 psi pump on the street side and the 3600 psi opposite.

A big thanks to ONG!!!! Now please get the reliable card readers installed and we have something just as good as the Chesapeake station on the north side.
                            Last edited by Rickinokc; 11-29-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I just used the updated station at SW 59th. What a huge improvement. New concrete drive plenty of storage. A great experience. I would still like a real 3600 PSI fill but still a great bargin at the current prices. I really appreciate the investment that ONG has made. I wish someone would buy the CE station at the airport. It has been so poorly maintained recently it looks like they may pull the plug.

Comment

Working...
                              X