Possible new cng pump in edmond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new cng pump in edmond

OnCue Express has plans for CNG station in Edmond OnCue officials want to add a CNG dispensing pump and storage enclosure on the north side of its store at 9th Street and Broadway.

An amendment to OnCue's site plan was approved this week by the Central Urban Development Board. The city council will make the final decision July 12.

Robbie Hudson, with OnCue, said this would be a fast fill compressed natural gas facility.

That could be good news for Edmond's Citylink bus service.

Edmond has received a $250,000 federal stimulus grant to purchase kits to convert the city's eight new buses to use CNG.

Shannon Entz, community development manager, said the city would look at switching to CNG to determine the best fuel option for the transit system.

"We are not going to spend the grant money just because we have it,” she said.

OnCue has three stations in the metro area and six in the northern part of the state.

Chesapeake Energy Corp., one of the nation's top natural gas producers, is part of the deal with OnCue in Edmond, Hudson said.

Chesapeake has a large national fleet of CNG vehicles, with plans to convert more trucks to the fuel.

Hudson said he hopes the Edmond OnCue brings in a lot of business, including the purchase of fuel for the city buses.

"Oklahoma City converted to CNG and saves $1,000 a month per trash truck,” Hudson said.

So if you live in Edmond, call or write your City Councilperson and ask for their support of the new CNG pump proposal.
    Last edited by DavidP; 07-04-2010, 07:35 AM.
    David
    2012 Cool Mist Nat Gas Civic w/ navi

Re: Possible new cng pump in edmond

Nice, this will be the second CNG station within 5 miles of my house.

Comment

The new CNG pump was approved by the Edmond City Council this evening by a 4-0 vote. Sounds like there will be one double-sided pump installed on the north side of the gas pump canopy. They did not state any timing on the project.
      David

Comment

After talking to a gentleman in the marketing department at OnCue on Thursday, he stated that it should be finished by the end of the year. He also stated that there will be a CNG pump installed at the station at 23rd and Sante Fe (by the capital) and one at Reno and Macarthur. Also stated that there will be 6 more installed around the state.

Comment

Originally posted by kuykendallc View Post
          He also stated that there will be a CNG pump installed at the station at 23rd and Sante Fe (by the capital) ..
          That is a perfect place! Plenty of real estate ..

I wish there was an OnCue station close by me because I would much rather give my petrol business to them than 7-11. But as often as I can, I do because I think they do a really good job with station design. The 23rd station even has pumps dedicated either E10 or 100% gas. That is cool.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

More CNG news from On-Cue -

Thanks for your interest in CNG. It really is a great product with fairly stable prices.

We just received approval from the City of Edmond for our CNG addition to our OnCue Express at 800 S. Broadway. We plan on having it completed in November. We have ordered the equipment but it takes 12 to 16 weeks for manufacturing so that means it will be in the 4th quarter of this year.

We will be adding CNG to 9 locations around the state with 3 of them being in the OKC metro at our OnCue Express stores and 6 of them located at Chesapeake field offices. For us to make the CNG investment viable, we need a base demand in the area and Chesapeake is providing much of that demand at their field offices.

The locations we will be adding CNG to during the 4th quarter of this year are:
            OnCue Express at 800 S. Broadway, Edmond
            OnCue Express at 23rd and Santa Fe (near the Capitol)
            OnCue Express at Reno and MacArthur
            Chesapeake field office in El Reno
            Chesapeake field office in Weatherford
            Chesapeake field office in Lindsey
            Chesapeake field office in Waynoka
            Chesapeake field office in Arkoma
            Chesapeake field office in Wilburton

The field office pumps will be open to the public per ON-CUE.
            David

Comment

Does anyone know when the cng pumps will be operational at all of these sites? Is it by the end of the year for the Edmond store only or for all these locations?
              Great news!!!!

Comment

The guy I talked with at OnCue made it sound like all would be functional by the end of the year.

Comment

Thanks,that's great and lets hope they build more OnCue stores and add more cng pumps.

Comment

They are working on the On-Cue Express CNG installation in Edmond.
                    David

Comment

Awesome, I will stop by and check it out later today.

Comment

Recently filled at the Total Express public cng at 164th and Rockwell in Edmond, OK . . . what an ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS refueling station!! It has everything ever needed with multiple pumps for normal petrol
                        (I didn't buy any though :-) . . .LOL)
                        and 2 hose island for cng off to the west at wonderful $1.39 per gge !!! This location also has excellent food and restroom facilities, and canopy over every type of pump.

It was GreenField pump which does the "pulse and go" method where it's calculating what pressure you can take and it stopped at normal 86% which then flips to say 100% full. Really this is slightly over 3,000 psi fill (86% of 3,600 psi capacity actually works out to 3,096 psi) which showed up as Full on my bi-fuel Cavalier.

This location is super far west at 12 miles from Interstate 35 by driving out on 164th street, but man the view of mega houses on way to site is worth the drive. An entrepreneur ought to offer "boutique" cng/green vehicles like Mercedes C-class to all the wealthy residents nearby - - market as upgrade to pathetic Prius. There are several miles of 160 acre subdivisions slammed full of $500,000 (and up) houses about 8 feet apart!

With more Edmond, OK public cng sites planned, I will definitely ALWAYS stop for cng when through that area!
                        Last edited by cngacrossusa; 11-05-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cngacrossusa View Post
                          Recently filled at the Total Express public cng at 164th and Rockwell in Edmond, OK . . . what an ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS refueling station!! It has everything ever needed with multiple pumps for normal petrol
                          (I didn't buy any though :-) . . .LOL)
                          and 2 hose island for cng off to the west at wonderful $1.39 per gge !!! This location also has excellent food and restroom facilities, and canopy over every type of pump.

It was GreenField pump which does the "pulse and go" method where it's calculating what pressure you can take and it stopped at normal 86% which then flips to say 100% full. Really this is slightly over 3,000 psi fill (86% of 3,600 psi capacity actually works out to 3,096 psi) which showed up as Full on my bi-fuel Cavalier.

This location is super far west at 12 miles from Interstate 35 by driving out on 164th street, but man the view of mega houses on way to site is worth the drive. An entrepreneur ought to offer "boutique" cng/green vehicles like Mercedes C-class to all the wealthy residents nearby - - market as upgrade to pathetic Prius. There are several miles of 160 acre subdivisions slammed full of $500,000 (and up) houses about 8 feet apart!

With more Edmond, OK public cng sites planned, I will definitely ALWAYS stop for cng when through that area!
                          The station is great. Filled up there about 2 hours ago and its only 6 miles from my house. You drove right past my house.

Comment

Looks like they changed the 3000 psi side over to 3600 psi, so now both sides are 3600.

Comment

The On-Cue Express CNG installation in Edmond, OK is progressing. I stopped by on Thursday(11/18) and visited with some workers. Should be in operation soon.
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X