X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma now Honda's 4th retail market for Civic GX

Saw this article today:
    http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/...s-lags-in-ngvs

Since Honda opened up Utah to retail sales I have noticed more new Civic GX's at the stations here and I also heard the State of Utah just ordered 50 of them for their fleet. Kudos to Honda for making strides in opening up markets for natural gas vehicles to consumers!

Re: Oklahoma now Honda's 4th retail market for Civic GX

That's TERRIFFIC !!! Wish it would have been a couple years ago, and fleets in Bartlesville, OK were required to switch to CNG then the Bartlesville Honda dealership would have survived, and even prospered. Instead, the Honda dealership in Bartlesville, OK closed when it was ONLY a couple blocks away from ONG public cng refueling that at the time was only $1.08 per gge. Such a shame.

Please give all the OK dealers selling cng cars PLENTY of business!!

Comment

I doubt that the GX could have saved a dealership...
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

Seems John Voelcker of Greencarreports.com still needs a bit of education on the difference between LPG, CNG, and possibly LNG. I quote from his article:

"That model is the Polo BiFuel, whose 1.4-liter engine runs on either gasoline or natural gas (in this case, not compressed natural gas, or CNG, but liquified petroleum gas, or LPG). It has to be started up on gasoline, but can then be switched to LPG."

Comment

Does anyone know who the other GX retail dealers will be other than Bob Howard?
          '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
          '09 White Civic GX
          '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
          FMQ 2-36

Comment

There are 13 Honda dealers in Oklahoma and all 13 will be invited to participate in the program. The objective is to have those dealers who are interested, enrolled, service and sales trained and with product by September/October of this year. If you're in Oklahoma be sure to contact your Honda dealer and encourage them to consider the participating in the program.
            Last edited by Eric Rosenberg; 04-28-2010, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I'm in southwest Oklahoma and hoped that the dealer in Lawton, OK would offer service on the GX since it is only about 30 miles from me, but there is no public fueling in Lawton. Closest to Lawton is 36 miles at Frederick, OK, so back to the chicken and the egg scenerio.
              '09 White Civic GX
              FMQ 2-36

Comment

Eskridge sells them. I have a coworker that bought one from there. Also, Joe Marina in Tulsa sells them.

Comment

That's good to know. Eskridge is a lot closer to me than Bob Howard and I have used them before to service my Ridgeline.
                  '09 White Civic GX
                  FMQ 2-36

Comment

Working...
                  X