Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why most people don't really care about EPA approval and it's relevancy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why most people don't really care about EPA approval and it's relevancy.

This dude has an OTC sticker on the windshield, CNG diamond on the trunk and a Clean Cities Coalition sticker on the back glass. You can't really see the CCC sticker, it is above the third brake light. Clearly, he supports CNG, but does he care if one tiny thing is missing to make it "legal" conversion?

naw.

I've looked at a lot of EPA lists and, although I don't know everything there is know about CNG, I am pretty sure this land yacht was never cert'd by the EPA.

While I like to follow the rule of the law, when a thinking person honestly examines the EPA certification et al, it is hard to escape the conclusion that it is rather silly and useless in it's current form. Relaxing the requirements to have every chassis and engine type cert'd is clearly where the legislation should be heading.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jblue; 02-03-2010, 05:23 PM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Re: Why most people don't really care about EPA approval and it's relevancy.

The certification requirements are particularly irrelevant in states where there is a tailpipe test. If it's as clean as the gasoline version (and CNG is usually a lot cleaner) why not allow it to be otherwise unregulated?!?!?!? Using a cleaner fuel is NOT tampering!!!
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Emissions compliance is important, but so is safety to self and others in the close vicinity. I dont see how EPA certification affects either. Personally, I'm fine with any system that is clean and safe; KEEP THE GOVERNMENT OUT!
      Last edited by rtry9a; 02-04-2010, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I live in a city which *MAY* get only *ONE* CNG station. So my fear would be that they build it, then I convert a car (let's say illegally) and the station owner/operator does not allow me to fill instantly recognizing that my car model has never been EPA certified! Has anyone heard of people being refused access to fill up? Or even, say, in order to get a key pass or other station sign up requirement, that they need to actually see the car?
        02 GX

Comment

stations rarely have anyone there.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

Working...
          X