TGTs new compressor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGTs new compressor.

Tomorrow October 28th and 29th we will be making the change over to the new compressor so we will have intermitton service those days. We will do every thing we can do to fill you up . We may have to fill you with our back up fill post but we will do our best to have the new compressor running by Friday.

Stop buy and see our new toys

See pics at
    http://tulsagastech.com/arrowcompressor.htm

Tom Sewell

Re: TGTs new compressor.

Tom,

Can you explain the .02 cents per gge comment on your link? Is that your fuel cost for the natural gas engine that powers the compressor? Is there any electrical cost? I don't see any electrical service to the skid.

I am guessing that you have compared the operating costs for electric and gas powered compression, and went with gas. Can you share your results?

Thanks.

Mike

Comment

Nice looking skid

Comment

Mike we meter the gas coming to the engine, that engine gas is only .02 per GGE right now

the same HP electric motor would be about .06 right now

Yes we did the math. on the fuel.
        The maint. on the engine may cost us like crazy we dont know yet. our motor supplier say it should be only about $250.00 per year. We will see. I prefer electric drive units

Comment

Tom, the cost on both the Cat and the Ford 300/6 I operated was quite low. The main problem with the Cat was the air starter. With the Ford was alternator and block heater. For the most part I did most of the maintenance and repairs that kept the cost per hour way down. Leo Thomason claims that the maintenance costs on natural drive engines makes electrical coasts a wash. having operated both I would go electric drive any day, as long as 480 V it is available. I look forward to hearing about your experience with this package.

Comment

The 480 volt was our big deal.. It was going to cost about 25K to get new electrical service. It was cold today and the motor did not start. I think the compressor company put to small of wire on the starter and the cold oil made it fault. New wire now so lets see about tomorrow morning. We are going to put a oil warmer on the pan to help with cold oil. So far the compressor has worked very well just having little problems with the motor and a few little problems with the controls. Hopfully we made all the changes to fix our issues today. JW put a remote battery charger and it is not keeping up so we are going to get a Div 2 alternator next week. I think a marine alternator will work. I have to check though.

Comment

By the way last months fuel price was 2.91 per MCF

We sold over 3000 GGE again last month. Our volume is down a little this month from last month. it may be from our price

Curently we are $1.23 per GGE. ONG is $1.08 right now. We also have 3600 psi on one hose and 3000 on the other.

We are working with our gas supplier to see why we are being charged sales tax and paying Excise tax and the flet fee tax on CNG. It is a work in progress.

By looking at gas futures at NYMEX.com it looks like gas is heading over $5.00 this winter That will make CNG almost $1.40. I'll try to outline how we get our price on our pump in a later post.

Tom

Comment

Both Natural fuels and Hurricane ran a marine alternator. Kraus used an air starter and a Sealed Magneto on the Caterpillar driver. Natural fuels used a
                12 volt water heater on a Ford 300/6. Kraus used a Marine block heater. On my Hurricanes I used a 15 watt solar panels with a controller and they always started. A 5 watt panels would have probably been enough but I happened to have the 15 watt panels.

Are you running a Murphy panel, Allen Bradley or one of your own design? There is a local guy that builds great compressor panels, mostly relay. Glad to hear the start up is going relatively smoothly.

Comment

This compressor has a Murphy panel. Their shop is only 1 mile so we work real good with them.

I think we are going to try a marine alternator with a AC charger back up.

We have had a few problems with the Altronic ignition but they are changing it out Monday

So far the compressor has worked great, We have had a few minor problems with the engine but I think we have it solved.

The controls have worked very well after we got a program bug fixed. All and all it is going to be a very sound compressor
                  Last edited by TOMTGT; 11-29-2009, 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

TGT is still $1.45 through the end of April. We will know our May price on May 4th. We are up to almost 5000 GGE per month. It looks like the spot NYMEX is trending down. Hopefully it will stay that way. Our compression price is fixed we only adjust our price based on how we can purchase natural gas on the third party market.

It looks like we will be able to order ans sell you Fuelmakers again. Stay in touch for our pricng.

Tom

Comment

Natural gas is down a little to 5.08 per dekatherm so our price just droped to $1.359 as of 7-8-2010

Stop in and get a TGT card before you fuel.

Tom

Tulsa Gas Technolofies
                      4809 S 101 E Ave
                      Tulsa, Ok 74146

Comment

We adjusted our price to $1.359 per GGE at the first of last month and by looking at gas pricing trend this is a stable price. Winter gas market is going to be around $5.40 per Mcf so that will put us back in the $1.45 range but I can contract that all the way threw March to keep the price stable for our customers. If any one has a question on how gas price is calculated stop in and see me so we can show you the math on how we arive at pricng. We use a cost up method not a delta on gasoline. Gasoling price makes no differance in what the cost of CNG is at the dispenser for retail fuel.

Tom

Comment

Just a update on our NG engine drive compressor.

So far we have had good luck with the engine, The only issue we have had is the starter.

We have almost 1200 hours on it so it is time to run the valves and change the oil again. We are going to put some type of heater on the water or the oil to help with cold starts.

The Arrow compressor has been perfect, We are super pleased with it. Call me if you are interested in more information. Look at www.arrowengine.com I can sell you one if you are looking

We do not see any real jump in our gas price over the winter, I am working on my winter price lock right now. Should know real soon.

We broke the 6000 GGE mark this month.

Our gas price right now is $1.30 per GGE

Keep Smiling

Comment

It is time for another update, Friday we recieved two new WILCO storage spheres so that will let me increase our storage pressure to 4500 and give more 3600 psi fills before the compressor starts.

As for the compressor it has performed like a champ. The engine is running good I took the advise an ordered a marine alternator when it gets here we will be installing it. We added a larger CCA battery ( like out of a tractor)and it help with the starting issues.

We are just a few GGE from selling 8000 GGE last month. Thanks every one for supporting our station. We got the Blue Energy Fuels logos on it this summer and that is the name wewill be marketing the fuel and stations under. see www.blueenergyfuels.com

Natural gas was low for the summer and winter gas was rising so we locked in our gas again untill April of 2011. Our Price should be stable now at $1.45 untill then.

If you are close to the TGT stop buy for coffee and see what we have going on in the shop. There is all kinds of stations being built inside.

Look for a new station in the next 4 to 5 months in Tahlequah OK right across the street from the airport on Hiway 51.
                            100HP Ariel 3 stage. Should be real nice.

Well that is all for now
                            Keep smiling

Comment

Time for a update.

We just finished a new 125HP CNG station for the City of Tulsa (Private), look for the new CNG trash trucks and Hondas

Just before the giant snow storm of the century we started construction of a new public CNG station in Tahlaquah OK right off Hiway 51 across the street from the airport. It is a 125HP Arrow made in Tulsa, if you have filled at my shop you can expect the same type of fills there. About 95% of the whole CNG station is from Oklahoma manufactures. I will post pictures and updates along the way. Thank you Oboma for spending my grandchildrens money in Oklahoma.

We are still at 1.45 per GGE because of our gas contract. I thank all of you that are supporting my station through this crazy time of gas prices. We are down about $2000 per month. We will reward all of you that supported us and the rest of you are getting your reward at ONG pumps. I am happy that they can offer this price but in the long term it is not good for CNG in Oklahoma for the price of CNG to be this low. It is a great risk of money to go out on a limb and build a 400,000 CNG station and you should expect at fair profit. This gas price will take all incentive for any one to invest in a public station. It also has brought a rush of question on us about how gas is calculated at the pump. Feel free to stop by any time and we will go over this. You see the method that CE uses all the way to how ONG sets the price at their pump. We have always been open with these numbers because in the long term CNG has to work because of econmics. Please support the all of the stations so there will be more reasons to build public CNG stations in Oklahoma. Because of the .50 cent excise tax credit there is more reasons than ever to build your own CNG station if you have a fleet of 4 or more vehicles.

Well that is all for now
                              Keep Smiling

Comment

Working...
                              X