Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONG, please fix your pump in Tulsa...

aaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by boomr; 04-11-2012, 02:43 PM.

Re: ONG, please fix your pump in Tulsa...

They do seem to have trouble keeping all of them running. 15th St. is working, but Owasso was down the last time I went by to fill. Pumps were running. Terminal was dead. I don't have a hra. Bi-fuel is a must.

Comment

Yes, 15th St. is working, I filled there a couple of hours ago. BUT, there is a problem with that pump too. After filling when you drain the cng out of the hose by turning the black knob, the cng bleeds into the air. It is supposed to be recaptured by the system from what I understand. You will notice it if you listen. I noticed it from the smell on a day with no wind. It should be fixed but I am scared to call the number on the pump for fear it will be out of service for a long time while they repair it.

Comment

Originally posted by boomr View Post
        It is supposed to be recaptured by the system from what I understand.
        If someone told you that, I think they are mistaken. From my personal observation, if you look at the top of the railing from which the fueling hose is suspended you will see the outlet of the vent.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Really??? A CNG pump just vents to the atmostphere?

Comment

Originally posted by boomr View Post
            Really??? A CNG pump just vents to the atmostphere?
            Yes it does. That is one of the safety features of the CNG tanks in case of puncture, the Natural gas dissipates quickly into the atmosphere. Why would the pumps not?

Comment

I second this Boomr. The overall state of ONG pumps is rediculous. I got a TGT card and will now be using the pump off of Mingo. Plus you only pay in one lump sum at the end of each month.

Sean

Comment

Is it standard for hoses to be depressurized in the US? In Europe mostly when the hose is connected, the gas that remained in the filling hose flows into the tank. Some stations depressurize into a vent line that is connected to the compressor inlet. Afaik direct venting is only done in some small private stations.

Comment

Every station I have ever been to releases the gas into the air, there is a vent hose above the pump. This is a minimal amount of hydrocarbons compared to all the pollution released by gasoline (petrol) stations here in the USA. There is an ARCO station on my way home I can smell it from a mile away.
                  BLUE 09 GX

Comment

I do NOT agree with JetBoatJohnny about venting cng at end of fillup into the atmosphere. This is NOT done as normal practice in USA.

Every pump I've been to (NY, PA, OH, MO, OK, KS, UT, CA, CO - - ranging from Clean Energy public site to small compressor with single dispenser hose) have vent capture lines that recycle the pressure release cng that must get out when the fill lever is turned to off position.

Mr Bowgen in Springfield, MO actually showed me how this all works where the pressure release cng goes back into a low pressure cng tank, then the compressor pulls it back into the process of compressing for the storage tanks and do the whole thing again.

All ONG compressors that I have used across OK have the dual lines to fill valve so that they can capture the release pressure cng and use it again as described above.

Comment

You may be right. I was looking at my pics of the local MV CE pump and it appears they recycle the gas.
                      http://www.cngchat.com/photopost/sho...=441&ppuser=67
                      I guess I am just used to my local station whick has the vent tube on top on the dispenser, and it makes a big POP when I disconnect the hose, and I get a whiff of the CH4.
                      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

In So Cal It is against AQMD regulations not to recapture the vent gas. Of our 16 hoses we only had one dispenser that vented to atmosphere. That one was installed in 1990 The second public fast fill site In So. Cal. It was very common for AQMD inspectors to fill at that dispenser and never said word.

Comment

It is perfectly legal to only vent the nozzle portion of the hose to atmosphere. It is a option to recover it. None of ONG's or mine recover the nozzle pressure. We dont always vent it at the dispenser. If the main hose is flat it has a leak.

CNGACROSSUSA you are sorta right. You do recover the gas from the blow down potion of the compressor then it goes back to the inlet of the compressor. Nozzle gas goes to atmosphere or that gas has to be compressed back into the dump tank or the nozzle will have the dump tank pressure.

The nozzle has the amount of gas as a good cow fart.

My station workes every day so far, we are selling 5000 GGE a month and we should have a larger compressor by the end of next month. Stop buy and we will show it to any one and explain the system.

You will need a TGT card to fill Come to the office first and see Jake.

Tom Sewell
                          Last edited by TOMTGT; 09-25-2009, 12:32 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

3 months now and still down at 71st & Union.

Comment

Finally fixed. I filled up there today.

Comment

Working...
                              X