Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does it take a Transit bus take to fill up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does it take a Transit bus take to fill up?

I saw a transit bus at the CE station so I stopped to visit with the driver. I asked him if he knew that a new station opened right off I-44 with a monster pump for a Transit Bus to use. He didn't. I drew out a rough map and pointed him to cngprices/chat.com.

He said that he can make it ~600 miles on a fill, which is about the distance from OKC to ABQ. You should have seen his face when I told him that the other station was $1.23/gge.

Attached Files
    Last edited by jblue; 08-11-2009, 05:59 PM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Re: How much does it take a Transit bus take to fill up?

In what city and at what cng pump did you see the mass transit bus and where is the location of the pump you recommended? Thanks.

09 GX in Alabama

Comment

I assume jblue saw the bus at the CE pumps at Will Rogers Airport in OK City. The new Pumps in OKC also on I-44 at the Western exit. It has 4 pumps plus the bus pump.
      David
      2012 Cool Mist Nat Gas Civic w/ navi

Comment

Originally posted by DavidP View Post
        I assume jblue saw the bus at the CE pumps at Will Rogers Airport in OK City.
        Sí, eso es correcto.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Sullivan View Post
          In what city and at what cng pump did you see the mass transit bus and where is the location of the pump you recommended? Thanks.

09 GX in Alabama
          Chris, there is a public fill station in Birmingham at the transite yard downtown

Larrycng

Comment

In most transit applications transit busses fill with a buffer system. The storage is only to keep the compressors from shutting off while they switch from one bus to the next. The compressors are usually several thousand cubic feet per minute and will fill a bus with in minutes. The time it takes to vacuum the inside and empty the change. As for storage most of the school buses Iv'e seen are about 40 to 80 GGE. I can't say for transit.

Comment

Originally posted by cngmike View Post
              The compressors are usually several thousand cubic feet per minute and will fill a bus with in minutes.
              That is amazing! What type of thermal expansion can be expected for filling that fast?

Comment

Working...
              X