Okc new cng station - 49th & western

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okc new cng station - 49th & western

This evening I filled at the new CNG station at 49th & Western in OKC. Price was $1.00/GGE.(Later found out the CHK price will be comparable to other stations in OK) New style pumps @ 3600psi & 3000psi.
    Last edited by DavidP; 07-29-2009, 12:58 PM.
    David
    2012 Cool Mist Nat Gas Civic w/ navi

Re: Okc new cng station - 49th & western

Originally posted by DavidP View Post
    New style pumps @ 3600psi & 3000psi.
    I stopped by there today and actually it is not "officially" open yet. The only card that will work in the pumps is a MasterCard until after the grand opening which is to be in one to two weeks. Next to the compressors, they have a pump that has a massive hose on it for fueling buses. Pretty cool.

I got about 5 gge's of gas on CHK's dime today because they needed to do some pressure testing. Thanks guys! What was funny about it was the CHK dude for some reason shut the pump off before the tanks were full and was like .. "there ya go! We got you all filled up!".

Don't get me wrong, I was very grateful for the free gas, but if he wanted to shut the pumps off early, fine. Shut the pump off. Just don't tell me I am all filled up.

heh.

I looked over at the pump and it had transferred the 5 gge's and I though to myself, welp, good thing ONG is close by. So I mosey'd on over there and it was only pumping to 2k and quitting. Compressor was not kicking on either, so I called it in. Welp, good thing I was headed south. Stopped at the SE 59th station and got a 3.2k fill. Compressor was running there ..

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Here are some pictures I took of the station while it was under construction.
      Attached Files

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

The guy there stated that they will start accepting all cards starting Saturday after the official opening. He wasn't a chk employee though.

Comment

Originally posted by kuykendallc View Post
          The guy there stated that they will start accepting all cards starting Saturday after the official opening. He wasn't a chk employee though.
          Was that today?

Comment

Yeah, about an hour ago. Maybe we talked to two different people. I am pumped about this station though. Way closer to work and cheaper than the CE station. Don't get me wrong I am very thankful for the station at will rogers. The 3600 psi fill was worth the money at the time and the extra distance as it gave me 2 more days between fills, but their latest price hike is ridiculous. If they are trying to get in the black at that station, a .30/gge price change will hurt more than it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kuykendallc View Post
              .. a .30/gge price change will hurt more than it helps.
              It sure does. For 10 gge I can either go to a ONG/CHK pump *and* get a bite to eat, OR just to go to the CE station. I am paying the same amount of money ...

Say, come to think of it, I'm pretty hungry right now. mmmm .. Taco Bueno.

Comment

We need to get this new station onto CNGprices.com - anyone have the correct address?

Comment

I stopped by the new CHK station yesterday afternoon. I visited with a CHK rep and the station will officially open soon...like maybe this weekend. I was told that CHK plans another CNG facility at the exisiting POPS station on Rt. 66 east of Edmond by Jan. 2010. This sounds great for the Edmond east-side CNG users like myself.
                  David

Comment

$1.75 at the CE station? Wonder why they are so expensive? There's no way I will pay that when I can get gas at $1.00 - $1.11. I hope that Chesapeake opens more stations around the city.

Comment

CE Why so High?

It is a CE station. Look at their prices in Dallas. They are about the only option down there and they have a monopoly. I hope they don't take over here in Oklahoma.

Comment

The station will be operated by OnCue which has other stations around okc. If there is going to be more, they will be opened by OnCue or added at their current stations.

Comment

I don't think CE pricing is intended to be competitive for the occasional user. They probably have contracts with the shuttle service at the airport to provide their CNG and the contract sets the price. The shuttles aren't going to drive across town to fill up. They can make more profit in a day filling those shuttles than in a month or more selling to us occasional users.
                          '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
                          '09 White Civic GX
                          '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
                          FMQ 2-36

Comment

I was told by a CHK employee on Friday that the Western station would be open to the public this weekend. I filled up last night. Posted price was still $1.00/GGE. It would not take Discover Card, took my MC Card and I could print a receipt.
                            The official grand opening should be later this month per the CHK employee.
                            Last edited by DavidP; 08-02-2009, 04:04 PM.
                            David

Comment

I topped off today and my Visa was accepted. I still don't think its officially open.

Comment

Working...
                              X