Fills at a ong pump in okla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fills at a ong pump in okla

The Guthrie, Ok ONG pump only had about 3000psi today. Is that normal for a ONG pump? My fuel gauge on our GX only had 2 bars showing on the empty side when I tried to fill for the first time. I could only get 4.335 gge's in the tank. After filling tank, the gauge went up to the first white bar on the full side of the gauge. I was expecting to pump more than 4 gge's.
    Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by DavidP; 07-23-2009, 08:55 PM.
    David
    2012 Cool Mist Nat Gas Civic w/ navi

Re: Fills at a ong pump in okla

Originally posted by DavidP View Post
    The Guthrie, Ok ONG pump only had about 3000psi today. Is that normal for a ONG pump?
    Yes. To get 3.6k psi, for now, you will need to visit the CE station at Will Rogers.
    I was expecting to pump more than 4 gge's.
    The GX tanks are small to begin with, IIRC ~ 6 gge's, so that sounds about right.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Re: Fills at a ong pump in okla

All GX tanks since their inception in 1998 have been 8 gge. Many try to argue the point because they never able to add anything near 8gge to a tank, so they assume it's a 6gge. It seems more in line with their fueling experiences.

The lower full mark is to note a 3000 psi fill, the upper mark a 3600. Heat expansion will reduce your fill capacity by 1 gge, give or take. Allowing the tank to cool and hitting it again will allow you to top off. A useful trick when range is imperative.

Your range difference between the two full marks (600 psi) may be 20-50 miles depending on things like city vs highway, or even air conditioning in use. I've found that I can pay a heavy mileage penalty for running the air in my 2004, something on the order of 10mpg.

Comment

Working...
      X