Thinking about buying a 2009 GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying a 2009 GX

I was seriously thinking about buying a Honda GX. I started reading the posts about finding CNG pumps that work at the ONG stations. We live in Edmond which has no CNG stations. So now I'm having second thoughts on the purchase of a GX. Let me know your "likes" and "dislikes" after you bought a NGV. Thanks in advance.
    David
    2012 Cool Mist Nat Gas Civic w/ navi

Re: Thinking about buying a 2009 GX

You're not that far from pumps in Ok City and Guthrie, so it's a possibility. We were farther than that from a pump when we got our first GX. Since then we have bought a 2nd GX and a home pump, which is really the way to go.

In addition to the carpool lane and the 'green factor' and the 'cool factor' there is also the 'cheap fuel factor.' But, as with most alt fuel vehicles, the GX has some very expensive parts that will eat up the fuel savings if they fail out of warranty.

It drives just like the regular Civic but has a limited range.

OK Honda dealers don't sell the GX at retail, so you'll either have to buy it from another state or from a fleet dept in OK or used.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Our local Honda dealer are selling the GX's. They have about 15-20 on the lot.....Chesapeake Energy is the reason that a OK Honda dealer has the GX's. So they are available in OKLA. The recent bankrupcty of Fuelmaker and subsequent purchase by the new company slowed me down on the purchase. Not sure when the home compressor units will be back in production??
      David

Comment

There are three certified Civic GX dealers in the State of Oklahoma. Bob Howard Honda and Eskridge Honda are located in Oklahoma City while Joe Marina Honda is in Tulsa.

Each are certified to sell (fleet primarily) and service the Civic GX. Give them a call or pay them a visit.

The State of Oklahoma has some of the best public refueling infrastructure in the country as well as the second to least expensive NG. The FuelMaker situation is working itself out and the new owners will be "back on line" sooner than you might imagine.

The GX is a great car, give it a look.

Comment

Not fleet primarily, but fleet only. The only official retail Honda GX dealers are in CA, NY and UT. Fleet depts sometimes sell to a 'fleet of one' if they want to. Or, when I was leasing cars, my leasing agent always had me visit the fleet department for test drives because she bought the car from them and then leased it to me.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

When I looked at a 2009 GX about 4 weeks ago at Bob Howard Honda in OKC, it was like here it is and it's for sale to anyone. I guess I would have a fleet of one GX.
            David

Comment

That's the way they were all sold until they started having retail dealers in '06(?).
              02 GX
              01 GX
              03 Crown Vic
              06 GX
              Home Fueler

Comment

There are 42 Civic GX dealers in California with a "retail" sales addendium to their sales contract with American Honda and another 9 in New York State with the same document. The other 78 dealers located in the other 29 states (with a fleet dealer) were the GX is sold are dealers with a "fleet" sales addendium.

American Honda offically "retails" the Civic GX in California and New York. The Company has not offically introduced retail activities to any other state in the Union. Fleet dealers do "fleetail" from time to time depending on the local demand for the product and public refueling infrastructure.

The GX always had a small and loyal retail following but it wasn't until the new car came out as a MY06 that retail really took off. For the last two years retail sales have accounted for 50-60% of all GXs sold.
                Last edited by Eric Rosenberg; 06-03-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Not thinking anymore, we took delivery of a 2009 Silver GX on Friday.
                  David

Comment

Congrats David on your purchase. FSS (the new owners of FuelMakrer) are working to sort inventory and begin the manufacturing of PHILL again soon. Look to the end of the year before you can purchase a PHILL again but in the meantime OK has the second lowest priced NG in the country and some very good public infrastructure.

Enjoy the ride!

Eric

Comment

Eric-The nearest CNG pump is about 15 miles from my home. Maybe the Proposed CNG bills in the House & Senate will help the lack-of fueling pumps across the USA.

David
                      David

Comment

Would like to congrad another cng vehicle owner. I can say the more that demand for cng fuels the more cng stations CE with try to provide. Congrats on vehicle.

Thanks
                        Oklahoma CE
                        Service Tech

Comment

Working...
                        X