Mark Linn Unreliable CNG Tech in Oklahoma City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Linn Unreliable CNG Tech in Oklahoma City

Hello Cng owners, this post is to information Oklahoma City CNG owners of a unreliable, lying, thief of a cng tech in Oklahoma City. Mark Linn works for Summer Song Ice cream as well as Auto Zone. He is suppose to be a certified CNG tech and ASE Mechanic. I got his name from a Summer Song Ice Cream driver last Sept./2008. My girlfriend's bi-fuel car quit working on Cng and it also the tranny was shuddering between 1st and 2nd gear.

She pay $200 down to have the cng head unit replaced, the tranny sensor adjusted and an extra cng tank installed. The car had approx. 88K miles on it. We drove the car to his house located off SW 44th and May the first week of Oct./2008. After two months of a vary delays, he called the first week of Dec. to let us know everything was done, it running great and was ready to be picked up. But for the next month he kept having excuses for not being able to deliver or have us pick up the car.

I got tired of his excuses and went down to the Summer Song shop. The car cng system still wasn't working, the original bad head unit had not been replaced as promised, the extra CNG tank wasn't installed, the transmission shifting was worse than ever. The car barely was able to shift into 1st or 2nd gear. The car was trashed out and had over 91k miles on it.

If anyone wants to know anything else please feel free to contact me. Thanks, Wes

Re: Mark Linn Unreliable CNG Tech in Oklahoma City

Normally, I would suggest a law suit in this situation, but this might even be the case where you could get the police involved. This goes beyond bad service, or even breach of contract, and borders on theft/larceny.
    1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
    2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Wow,
      Sounds like some of the addict/tweeker subcontractors we had to deal with in OKC/Moore about 25 years ago.
      Except when we had had enough of their games, we just beat them with a baseball bat or a 2x4.
      Ah the good old days. Things sure have changed. I don't recognize the place anymore.
      Definately at least call the cops or the city attorney's office.
      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Bad deal getting shafted by someone claiming they know about cng.

As for tranny on Civic GX, that is under warranty if the car is not too old (I thought it was 7 year or 100,000 miles . . . . check what Curtis said on prior forum topics). Just trailer the GX to either OKC or Tulsa Honda dealer that CAN and WILL fix the car!! Do not junk it. Plenty of folks in Utah could likely fix it in a few hours. Good luck!!

P.S. Oops - - didn't notice bi-fuel. CNGUtah right, might be Contour given the fact of so many issues.
        Last edited by cngacrossusa; 01-15-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cngacrossusa View Post
          Bad deal getting shafted by someone claiming they know about cng.

As for tranny on Civic GX, that is under warranty if the car is not too old (I thought it was 7 year or 100,000 miles . . . . check what Curtis said on prior forum topics). Just trailer the GX to either OKC or Tulsa Honda dealer that CAN and WILL fix the car!! Do not junk it. Plenty of folks in Utah could likely fix it in a few hours. Good luck!!
          He said it was bi-fuel, so I'm assuming it's a Cavalier or Contour.
          www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

The car is a 1992 Chevy Lumina bi-fuel 3.1 L with an aftermarket cng system.

Comment

Working...
            X