OKC to Wichita, KS trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKC to Wichita, KS trip

Ok, I am taking a small trip this weekend and I want to know anyone's opinion on being able to make it or not. I am leaving from North OKC and heading to Wichita. I am going to stop in Ponca City and top off. From Ponca City, I will be driving the 89.5 miles to Wichita and then parking my car until the trip home stopping at Ponca City on the way back. Do you think the 179 miles between fillups in Ponca City is doable? I have made it 179 miles on a tank before, but it was on a great (3300+ psi) fillup here in the city. Does anyone know what kind of pressure you can get at the Ponca City station?

Re: OKC to Wichita, KS trip

I've used the Ponca City, OK site many times and have always had good fill. It is right next to Okla Gas work site so you'll have help available if you go during business hours. Payment is with credit card right at pump for VISA or MC.

Pressure is good but not great . . . generally 3,200 or 3,300 on the 3,600 pump. If you have the time, fill it up then stick around Ponca for a couple hours, then top it off.

While you're in Wichita, please COMPLAIN to Scholfield Honda that they haven't done anything to add cng pump in Wichita, They made news in November 2007 announcing they would sell Honda Civic GX but no momentum to add public pump in town of 500,000 major metro population. I make that trip sometimes from Ponca to Wichita in my Honda Civic GX and have over quarter tank left when I get back to Ponca.

Good luck . . . and let's get MORE public cng pumps in these cities across USA!!!

Comment

Thanks for the response. I am going to test it out. I probably will hang around Ponca for sometime, but probably not a couple of hours.

Comment

Hey, I did this trip myself recently and had terrific surprise that Ponca City pump OVERFILLED my 6 gge tank in bi-fuel Cavalier to 6.1 gge!! Wow, it was great. Dispenser went through low/medium/high cycles and was popping with high pressure at the end and fill-post actually vented off a little bit. Absolutely no need to stick around and top it off when you get a fast-fill like this!!

However, bad news is I have yet to get another great fill like that one.

PLEASE . . . Tom at Tulsa Gas Tech, do whatever it takes to make all the ONG pumps go through low/medium/high process like the Ponca City pump did that day.
        Last edited by cngacrossusa; 06-15-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X