Progress update on CE station @ OKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Progress update on CE station @ OKC

Thanks for the update Jblue looks like they should be selling 3600 psi gas pretty soon!

Comment

Thanks for pics but none too impressive for me. Just single compressor . . . no redundancy???

Only that single three-tube storage for compressed cng?? I seriously doubt that it would handle massive amounts of vehicles refueling that good ole Greed Energy guy in Colorado was bragging that CE would "design and engineer" into their new site.

Looks more like a cheap Charlie, tip-toe in water attempt by GE (ie Greed Energy) to test what demand might be in OKC, rather than "impressive" build that CE rep was touting months ago when I exposed the CE actions in NY & CO on mandatory $100 lifetime deposit for "Clean Energy fuel card" that was state specific, along with NY/CO price gouging, and no benefit takeover of Albuquerque public cng pump.

Ho hum, I'll go back to removing lint from my clothes dryer filter.
      Last edited by ; 12-23-2008, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Sticks and stones...

I think the site looks a little nicer than your ONG sites, but thats just my artistic opinion. No tip toeing necessary, multiple commited fleet users. The site will handle more volume than any other CNG site in the state.

Your info on the ABQ pump is still bogus by the way, and I would once again recommend you confim your information before posting incorrect facts. CE does not have control of any pricing at that pump, we only handle O&M, University sets the price at their discretion. So please stop citing it in your messages.

All new sites including this one are Visa / MC compliant and require no CE fuel card or deposit.

Go Thunder.

Comment

Yep, GE/CE pump will be highest capacity in state of OK . . . because existing ONG are 15 to 20 years old and were never intended to be large capacity pumps for public!! Wow, that one was tough. Again, I'll keep my $4 umbrella rather than CE canopy and save 40% to 50% every time I fill up at ONG as I'm guessing that CE public price at OKC will be high $1.xx range.

I don't see any mention of accepting Discover . . . most any corner gas station in America does that.

How about progress in NY and CO on accepting credit cards over past year . . . yep, NONE. Instead GE/CE has overtaken Albuquerque and recently Las Vegas . . . yep, both are "Gatekeeper" locations that I warned about in exposure of Clean Energy tactics last year.

With commodity natural gas prices at $5/Mcf, the lowest price of any CE site I checked on cngprices.com was $1.65 - - - interesting that 67% reduction in raw NG cost only has equated to about 20% to 40% reduction in public cng price by CE. Yep, CE has kept their milk-the-customer strategy fully in place!

No sticks and stones needed . . . just facts.
          Last edited by ; 12-23-2008, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Same ol tune. Ignore the facts about the ONG network (trouble running a reliable network, that they have no 3600psi pumps, they have not built a new station in a decade) and bring your umbrella.

To all you folks on our forum who have called and emailed to support the first new CNG site in the state in over a decade, thank you so very much for your support. We are very pleased to finally be established in the state.

Go Thunder.

Comment

I will gladly pay any price for a reliable fill. Drove 40 miles around OKC on sunday trying 3 different ONG stations, trying to find a pump that worked. Bring on CE. When does it open? I remember someone saying by the first of the year, is that still the target?

Comment

ONG does need to do some upgrading.They seem to run out of gas on the weekends. Their pumps will not always accept credit cards also. If you are at one of their pumps and are about to run out of gas and your credit cards dose not work then you are SOL. Even if you call the number on the pump they are still no help and they just tell you that there is nothing they can do. I also don't understand why they don't bump the pressure up to 3600 PSI.

Comment

Clean Energy - CO,
                  Can you tell us the company names of the fleets that are commited to buying from your station? The only one I know of is Airport Express. Just a question out of curiousity. Thanks.

Comment

OG+E out in force

Looks like they were hooking up a big transformer for the station. You can see it sitting on the flatbed truck to the left. Just a guess.
                    Attached Files

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I stopped by and asked a worker what the ET was for the station to become operational and he said in a couple of weeks, which after a pause came the word, mabey.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Ok, CE guy in CO, I'll give you a break as I broke down and drove to OKC to see the progress myself.

Yes the Clean Energy public cng refueling site at approx 6000 Terminal Drive at the OKC airport (near the intersection of Terminal Dr and Amelia Earhart Ln) will be quite nice. It has 4 pumps that presumably can be used at the same time. Filler hoses are new integrated ones with on/off valve right near the connection . . . . and yes there is a nice canopy to keep you dry while filling up your cng vehicle!!

Recently have heard great news on other posts that CE has actually lowered public cng prices in California and other states to lows of $0.99 and $1.30 per gge. Wow, that's getting more like it.

So for now, I've thrown away the piece of coal I was going to give to CE for Christmas and the bah humbug attitude, and can't believe I'm saying this:

Good job Clean Energy on the OKC airport site . . . . there, I've said it.

Keep the price affordable, and there is long shot, I'm might swing over to be a supporter of CE.

FYI: Construction guy who was onsite the day I was there earlier this week, said hopefully open in a week.

Comment

Working...
                        X