Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civic GX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Civic GX

    I just found out that the GX I have had on order since July with a Honda dealer in Tulsa actually has not been ordered because they are not a authorized Honda Civic GX dealer. I call Honda America and found out that there are no authorized dealers in Oklahoma, only California and New York have authorized dealers. Has anyone in Oklahoma purchased a GX and where did you get it?

  • #2
    Re: Civic GX

    It may be that they only sell to "the public" in NY and CA. I purchased our 2000 GX eight years ago in AZ as a "fleet" purchase and when I recently looked to upgrade, I'd be able to do the same today (if there were any vehicles to be had). I'm a private party, not a business, but have used my employee status at whatever company I was working to gain access to "fleet" dealers since the early 80s.
    Last edited by CNGfamily; 09-09-2008, 10:03 AM.
    2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
    Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
    Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
    Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Civic GX

      Bob Howard Honda in OKC just got fully certified to sell the GX. Joe Marina in Tulsa has been doing so for some time and last time I checked they were a fully certified GX dealer.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Civic GX

        I would hate to wait a year for a vehicle that is dedicated anyway. Wouldn't waste my money on it. In Oklahoma a dedicated is nice, but not real nice. Bi-fuel is the only way to go if you drive much.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Civic GX

          I think where Honda corporation is concerned these dealers are "Fleet" dealers that sell a lot of fleets of 1. I didn't ask, I just said put me down for one.
          '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
          '09 White Civic GX
          '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
          FMQ 2-36

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Civic GX

            We have been able to sell GX's since 1999. I was not a fleet customer when purchasing one for my family last dec. About 70% of my customers are commuters that need all the benefits of the GX. The other 30% are 1,2,3,4
            car, small fleets. Change is always slow, till now...
            Mark Sprowls
            Joe Marina Honda
            Tulsa, Oklahoma
            918-760-3136
            08 GX Black

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Civic GX

              When you go to the Honda site and click dealer search for an Oklahoma zip code and check GX retailers it gives you only dealers in CA and NY. Is the dealer list not up to date?
              '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
              '09 White Civic GX
              '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
              FMQ 2-36

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Civic GX

                Apparently not. I have read about some in Utah, Oklahoma, DC, and now one in Wisconsin. I am quite confident that the people on this board aren't trying to steer you in the wrong direction.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Civic GX

                  Originally posted by OKGX View Post
                  When you go to the Honda site and click dealer search for an Oklahoma zip code and check GX retailers it gives you only dealers in CA and NY. Is the dealer list not up to date?
                  Try clicking on the fleet portion of the Honda site (Civic GX Fleet in upper right-hand corner). You will see the dealers that can sell GXs to fleets. In Utah, Oklahoma, and elsewhere, the dealers sell to "fleets of one" to get around the limitation. I am certain Honda knows about this, but does not seem to be too bothered by it.
                  _____________________________________
                  '12 Blue Mist Metallic Civic Natural Gas; '03 Galapagos Green Civic GX; '07 Alabaster White Civic GX

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Civic GX

                    I spoke to one of the national GX Honda reps, they are aware of the confusion on the website with "fleet" vs "retail" and they do plan to fix it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Civic GX

                      Try The Honda Civic GX Natural Gas Vehicle
                      Brannon Honda, Local Alabama Dealer from pheonix energy web site.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X