Centerpoint Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centerpoint Energy

If you live in southern Oklahoma you likely have Centerpoint Energy as your natural gas supplier instead of ONG. I talked to one of the mid-level managers with Centerpoint about any special rates or incentives to install a CNG VRA at a residence. Answer NO and none planned. I asked him about Centerpoint installing any public CNG filling stations in Oklahoma. Answer NO and none planned And get this, they used to run their fleet on CNG and went back to gasoline because CNG was inconvenient. Hopefully competition will change there minds.
    '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
    '09 White Civic GX
    '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
    FMQ 2-36

Re: Centerpoint Energy

Wow that sucks. Maybe one day they will pull there heads out of there rears.

Comment

I was in California a couple weeks ago when I picked up my new CNG truck (from Arizona). We took a vacation run through CA and Vegas. ANyway, I was at the Barstow, CA station filling up, and one of the city bus drivers was there fillling his bus. They too are dropping CNG because it's inconvenient. Currently 1/2 their fleet is CNG and they are decommissioning them as quickly as they can to get away from it.

It's such a shame to see such a better alternative moving in the wrong direciton.

Comment

Update on Centerpoint Energy in Oklahoma.

I have been using my home FMQ VRA now for about two months and received my first bill form Centerpoint. The cost worked out to about $1.86 per GGE filling at home. I was disapponted to say the least. The actual gas rate worked out much less, but you have a minimum service charge, plus distribution charge, plus county tax, plus city tax and when you add it all up, the other charges end up almost as much as the gas cost. Hopefully the gas charge will drop once their current contract runs out.
        '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
        '09 White Civic GX
        '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
        FMQ 2-36

Comment

Working...
        X