CE to build first site in OK @ Will Rogers Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CE to build first site in OK @ Will Rogers Airport

Our regular gas is is almost 2.50 a gallon right now.What's the advantge. Cng is a great thing when it is cheap but when the price is not at a bargain it not worth the risk of your own a vehicle that cost 4,500 dollars more than the standard car and the risk of it breaking down. I totally understand you alls investments and effort .25 cents more a gallon than ong I 'll fill up but 1.25 more I will drive right by. I'll sell my car before I pay more than reg gasoline.

Comment

With gas prices coming back down, it definately eases the demand for CNG vehicles and stations, but if you believe the price is going to stay low, I think you're in for a shock.

The economy will stabalize and gas will soar again. 3 months? 6 months? who knows exactly when, but I still think $4+ gas is on the horizon.

Will CE build stations here and charge $2.50 or more? Yes, it's likely and it's also likely that fleets will sign contacts with them that will make it an affordable business model.

I recognize the need to sell your product at a profit, and the equipment for a CNG station is pretty costly. Right now, it's a sellers market, the demand far outflanks the supply. ONG does their best to keep us on the road and moving, but they don't make enough profit to modernize or deploy more pumps.

We've got to find a way to get more supply from the ground to the tanks. How do we do this? I think we need to organize into smaller groups, by geographic region. If I write a letter to QuikTrip (which I did), touting the market, it gains minimal attention. But if I approach them with a list of 100+ folks in the Tulsa area who are desperate for a fill station, they'll pay a bit more attention.

There's an old saying "The squeaky wheel gets the most oil". It is time for us to squeak LOUDLY and say we don't want oil, we want NG! If QT/whatever local store is getting dozens of letters a week, they'll listen. If we group up and approach them as a group, they'll listen. If we all keep sitting on our hands and waiting for it, nothing will happen.

Comment

Re: Progress update on CE station @ OKC

Rick,
        I too am considering putting in a CNG fueling station. More for reasons of patriotism then financial but I really can't afford to lose money. If my cost of gas is $1.14 GGE and the station costs me $150,000 to build and $50,000 a year to operate, how much per GGE do you think is a fair price?

Comment

As a starting point, you could read Clean Energy's quarterly statements (they are a public company) and find the break down of their sales and how much they charge. This should give you a rough idea. Also, maintenance costs should be closely tied in with hours of usage. Figure how many GGE you would be able to pump / hour and extrapolate a rough maintenance number based off of hours of usage. Once you have that, then guesstimate what kind of traffic you are going to get to your station. For example, how many NGV's will be in the area where your station is located. Figure also what would be an average commuter distance traveled / day then you should know about how often the consumers would be willing to fuel up. Also take into consideration if Oklahomans will be willing to pay more for your fuel than what they can get from ONG.

Comment

I personally (and I suspect many others) would be willing to pay a reasonable upcharge over ONG pricing for a 3600 PSI fill.

Comment

I would pay about .35 cents a gge above what ONG charges for a 3600 psi fill. Today that would be aprox. $1.50 per gge. Regular gas is being sold at $2.33 a gal. today in OK. so keep this in mind.

Now someone please tell me this. Why does ONG only send out 3000 psi? How much trouble would it be to bump it up to 3600 psi? Sounds easy but there's prob. a lot to it.

PS,just went a filled up in OKC and paid $1.26 per. gge. So ONG has just raised the price on us. How can that be? All I have been hearing is about the cng glut we have. I guess they figure since we are going into the winter months they just raise away since they know we have to pay anyways.
              Last edited by Rickinokc; 10-17-2008, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Okay. You talked me out of it.

Comment

I just paid $2.20 for regular gas today. Put 20 gals in my PU VS the 8 gals I can get from ONG at $1.26 gge. If cng gets much higher I will just stick with regular gas since I can get it at any street corner. Now if I could get 20 gals of cng every fill then that would be another story.

It boils down to cng must be much cheaper than gas for people to go through the headaches and buy it on a consistent basis. If we could drive down the street and fill up with cng on any corner it would be a different story.

Now lets see how much cng sells at $2.50 per gge if gas prices stay in this range.

Comment

ok if you guys really want to gripe about paying HALF the price of gasoline then feel free to do it but if you drive a bi-fuel then just use the cng as a range extender i mean for goodness sakes you are acting like if if you don't get a complete fill the end of the world has come. i have never once gotten a complete fill. in that case i just drive it till i run out and flip it over. now for the dedicated. i know what you are going through if you run out. but if you aren't positive that you can make the trip then just use your other car. if you spend half the money on gas every day you go to work that means that when you buy two gallons of cng you save enough to buy one gallon of gasoline. average using a gallon a day and in one week you can have almost 3 gallons by the end of the week. and most people don't use just a gallon a day. and i don't think that the station they are going to put in can charge 2.50 a gallon and make it. for that you could just as well put in a home fuel kit. and if your car is payed off it makes no sense to get rid of it to start making payments on another car. i mean good lord i'm driving a truck that is almost as old as i am. and i wouldn't trade it for another vehicle that i'd have to pay off. just take the lemons you are given and make some lemonade.

ok rant over

Comment

CNG is still $1.14 gge at the ONG site at SW 59th in OKC.

Comment

I think it is up to $1.17 now, but I do welcome the Clean Energy Station. It will be nice get a 3600 psi fill from a public station.

Comment

Originally posted by Okie Dokie View Post
                          I think it is up to $1.17 now, but I do welcome the Clean Energy Station. It will be nice get a 3600 psi fill from a public station.

I wonder if they still plan to price the cng at $2.50 now that reg. gas is $1.50? We all know that reg. gas will not stay low forever though.

Comment

Originally posted by Okie Dokie View Post
                            i have to agree. i would almost cry if i could get my tanks filled up in one fill. none the less to 3600. i have hardly ever pulled in empty and left with more than 2200.

Comment

OSU CE Station

Article re: new OSU Station.

http://www.stillwater-newspress.com/...012113641.html

Comment

Working...
                              X