Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas

Any CNG owners in Texas? Checking on cngprices.com, I only see 2 stations in Houston area, and I'm not sure if those are accessible to the public.

Re: Texas

Check with Jim Moore at ESI, he would know. He does the heavy truck conversions out of McKinney
    972-369-0092

Or Paula Hebert from FuelMaker, the US Sales Office is in Texas
    1-800-898-3835
    Dave Clement

Comment

The 2 Houston stations (as well as 9 in Dallas) are operated by Clean Energy www.cleanenergyfuels.com and are open to the public.

There are GX users in Houston, Dallas and Austin areas as well as public stations and GX dealerships in each of those areas.

Elizabeth

Comment

Corpus Chrisiti has one public at Gas Dept,only open 7-4 week days, cash or check. location 4225 s port ave. phone 361-885-6910

Comment

Im not too far from Dallas, and it's nice to know that there's a shop in the area.
          Shr?dingers cat is not dead.

Comment

I live in Fort Worth, so what I tell you won't be immediately applicable to Houston, but for what it's worth: When I started shopping for a Honda GX, my local Honda dealer told me they couldn't be bought in Texas. I did some more checking around, and as it turns out, Lute Riley Honda in Richardson DOES sell them (thru their fleet operation). I took delivery on mine a couple of months ago, and love it. In the DFW area, there are about 8 or 10 stations scattered around (alas, only one, located very inconveniently, in Fort Worth). I've found that if I plan my trips with a bit of care, I rarely have to go much out of my way to gas up, but then, I drive a lot in Dallas. All the public stations in DFW are owned by CleanEnergy. Maps that you find online may show others, but none of them have turned out to be public stations. So I'd only trust that CleanEnergy-owned stations are actually kosher. I suspect that this will also be the case in Houston.

Comment

I'm in Austin and have actually started doing EPA certified conversions. I drive a 2008 CNG Ford Focus SES with all the options. Howdy Honda here is Austin also sells the GX. We only have one public station (more in the works), but price was $2.23 a few days ago. I bought a Phill from the folks at Fox Service. It serves my personal needs just fine, but the focus now is additional vehicles and more stations. I think we're going to get there this time.

Ronnie Oldham
              CleanFuel Conversions
              Austin, Texas
              www.cleanfuelconversions.com

Comment

I'd love one in Waco or Hillsboro. Waco would be a great halfway point between Austin and DFW for shorter range vehicles. It would also allow better route coverage in the whole H.O.T area and allow me to hit College Station and Bryan on a whim. CS/B would be another good place for a station, halfway from Dallas to Houston.

Comment

Also desperately need a public cng station in Amarillo, TX so there is a stop on way to Albuquerque, NM.

Overall, have got to start getting public station at least every 200 miles on major interstates.

Comment

Working...
                  X