AT&T cng van spotted in KC !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T cng van spotted in KC !!!

On a roadtrip this weekend and spotted my first AT&T cng van (it was a Ford) as it was pulling out of the Overland Park, KS public cng refueling site for Kansas Gas Services (a division of ONEOK - - they own all the Oklahoma Natural Gas public cng refueling sites in OK).

Great to see Business Intelligence finally at work - - go AT&T!! Now if we could ramp up competition with COX, Comcast, Verizon, Quest, Roadrunner, PacBELL, etc. so that ALL the telcom companies were actively implementing cng vehicles into their fleets and putting in public cng sites, we'd get some great locations ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY to refuel our cngchat-member vehicles!!
    Last edited by cngacrossusa; 07-31-2010, 07:46 AM.

Re: AT&T cng van spotted in KC !!!

I saw one filling up at the Trillium station next to Angels Stadium in Anaheim California.

Comment

I use that station a lot. I've seen AT&T, DirectTV installers, and a few independent folks using the station. It is the only public station that I am aware of in Johnson County Kansas. It was down last week when I went to fuel there. A DirectTV guy was not to happy about it because he had to leave his van there because there is not another public CNG fueling place in the area and he did not have much fuel remaining. I just made it back home and hooked it up to the Fuelmaker and waited for the slow fill.

Comment

I talked to one of the employees there. He said that they are upgrading their system He said they are adding another compressor, 2 new high flow pumps, and tripling their storage. This week I saw a truck waiting to unload three new "meatball" storage tanks. Maybe now we can still get some fuel after the busses have sucked all of the fuel. The pumps are supposed to be like the ones that they have out west. You get a full tank in a matter of seconds. A buddy of mine used one in Phoenix. He said it beeped at him 5 seconds after he turned it on. He thought he did something wrong. He tried it again and it wouldn't do anything. The guy next to him started laughing at him and told him you're already full. I'm looking forward to the new toys.

Comment

Clearbrook Farm - that station needs it. My wife has stopped by there several times recently and she only got about half full (gage on side only indicated 2000 PSI). Now that I have a few GXs we don't always have the back-up a bi-fuel provides. Can't happen soon enough in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X