X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CNG station: Port Huron, Michigan

From NGVAmerica:

Michigan CNG Station Goes Public

Recently, Blue Water Transit of Port Huron, Michigan, opened its new CNG fueling station to the public, accepting any vehicle that can run on the fuel. "If we can encourage people to use compressed natural gas, it will save money and help the environment," Wilson said. Fuel at the station costs $1.68 per gallon, about $1 cheaper per gallon than unleaded gasoline. The bus company has used CNG since 1996 to power its 52 bus fleet. The company built a new station this year to provide a back-up system for its pumps and to provide for public customers. The project was made possible through funds from the American Recover and Reinvestment Act. For more information, contact Dave Frasier at [email protected]

Re: New CNG station: Port Huron, Michigan

I e-mailed Dave Frasier. The station is located at 2021 Lapeer Avenue in Port Huron. It is open to the public from 5:00 am until 7:00 pm. They take only credit cards---MC, VISA, DISCOVER---no AMEX, no cash. There are some pictures on the Blue Water Transit website. Any questions, Dave listed his phone number as (810) 966-4198. Finally something for people in Michigan a little north of Detroit .
    Last edited by siai47; 01-12-2010, 06:16 AM. Reason: added phone #

Comment

As a employee of BWT i would like to add that the station at this time is closed on sundays. This is a 3600psi fill station only.I really hope to see more natural gas user's stop to fill.

Comment

I've added this station to CNGPrices.com with a comment concerning the hours.

Cheers,
        Todd
        CNG Vehicle - 2002 Honda Civic GX
        CNGPrices.com - The latest prices at CNG stations near you
        AltFuelPrices.com - Prices and station locations for CNG, E85, Biodiesel and more!

Comment

Well, finally returned from Florida so I had a chance to re-fuel at the Port Huron station. Very, very nice facility with a ton of compresors for the Blue Water bus fleet. Nice clean spot to refuel. The pump takes credit cards. Had a little trouble getting the thing to operate but the employees were very helpful getting it going for me. I did not get a full fill but it was not due to station pressure. The pump was showing about 80% full at about 3100 psig but refuesed to fill any further. Station pressure was 4200 or better. They said they are still having some startup and software problems and maybe that was the cause. Anyway, well worth the stop if you are in the area--just before the Bluewater bridge to Canada and a couple of miles off I94/I69. Fuel price $1.68.

Comment

Got a great fill at Port Huron a few days ago on my trip from Indiana to the Boston NGVA conference in one of our dedicated CNG Silverado trucks (24 gge onboard). Nice station! Went via Ontario with the wife and we had a great drive, including dinner overlooking Niagara Falls. Should be headed back that way next week. Hope to catch up with CNGchatter dlscng if time permits.

Comment

Hi John sorry I had missed you on your visit. Unfortunately for reasons out of my control i am no longer involved in that department. If you could give me a time and day i will most definately try to meet with you if possible. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed using that station. I would love to see more private and comercial natural gas use in michigan and it is a good start allowing public to fuel.

Comment

Working...
              X