$2.80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2.80

The price has not changed for over one year...Thank you Minnegasco or CPE... They might as well sell out to OPEC for what they are worth...

Attached Files

Re: $2.80

Blueice,

I stopped in MPLS for a fill "once" and got an earfull of negativity. I had a booth last summer at the state fair grounds for the Living Green Expo with the CPE CNG van next to me. I posted a picture of their sign last summer. I'll attach it again.

With a gas utility like them Mn will be the last to move to the adoption of CNG. Ethanol is too valuable to the DOA. (dept of agriculture) The DOA wants NG price as low as possible so they can use it to make ethanol, fertilizer, and for crop drying. I better stop here or I'll rant on for hours to come. Thank the lord I work in WI. Oscar
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Amfuel; 01-02-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Amfuel, I remember that post and picture of yours...I will give them an A for honest and a F for promotion...

Oh, that was also last year price too, when petrol was selling at $1.60 per gallon..They are doing nothing, but hurting the local CNG market...

Well, it look like only a home based refueling system will work hear in Minnesota, which if one is a renter, an even more difficult decision..

Comment

If you are a CPE customer, good luck getting a home refueling system. Woodbury has successfully scared people away from installing systems with all the opposition to CNG. The building inspectors are ignorant about CNG and go to (guess who?) CPE for information.

Comment

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
          If you are a CPE customer, good luck getting a home refueling system. Woodbury has successfully scared people away from installing systems with all the opposition to CNG. The building inspectors are ignorant about CNG and go to (guess who?) CPE for information.
          Interesting points, Amfuel...I use to live in Woodenbury and frankly nothing would surprise me there...

I seriously doubt that CPE would have the foggiest idea what a home refueling system even is...

Moreover, they could be first to break into a new market with ample supply, but that would require entrepreneurship which monopolies rarely acquire..

Perhaps that would be an interesting study and call them about a refueling system and see if they have any expertise..

Comment

Problem in MN (ie CenterPoint Energy) looks all too political . . . MN is big into ethanol so my bet is CPE won't touch cng in any positive way as their 800 pound gorilla told them NOT to!! Also, there are lots of old school oil refineries in that area as well (some owned by private oil company Koch Industries), pipeline companies, etc. and they likely don't want any part of low cost cng to the public . . . they are TOO GREEDY!

Comment

Originally posted by cngacrossusa View Post
              Problem in MN (ie CenterPoint Energy) looks all too political . . . MN is big into ethanol so my bet is CPE won't touch cng in any positive way as their 800 pound gorilla told them NOT to!! Also, there are lots of old school oil refineries in that area as well (some owned by private oil company Koch Industries), pipeline companies, etc. and they likely don't want any part of low cost cng to the public . . . they are TOO GREEDY!
              Wow, excellent insights CNGACROSSUSA!!

And the fact that CPE is based in Houston, they more than likely do not care what happens in Minnesota...

I may not see it, but one day CNG will propel 10 to 15% of America's feet, with the bums at CPE left in the dust..

All that is needed is five to six dollars for petrol and the advantages of CNG will be obvious..Not to mention that it is a domestic supply and not subject to the dictates of OPEC...

Comment

January 2010 and the price of oil at 81.50bbl seems to be pretty strong for this time of year. Last winter it went to the $34bbl range. If it doesn't drop this winter it will likely be higher in the spring when travel season starts. (memorial day) $90+bbl????

Comment

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
                  January 2010 and the price of oil at 81.50bbl seems to be pretty strong for this time of year. Last winter it went to the $34bbl range. If it doesn't drop this winter it will likely be higher in the spring when travel season starts. (memorial day) $90+bbl????
                  I suspect we will see $110 bbl this year, with pump prices of $3.75 to $4.10 before Labor Day as refiners improve their badly beaten margins..

The only good thing about this CPE CNG station, it is only about 2 miles from my residents so I can keep an eye on their pricing...

BTW, I have never seen an independent user filing there...

Comment

If you go to the side door and ask, they will send a guy out to authorize the pump. To be a regular you would have to get an account. At those prices the only private use would be someone passing through. I have heard from travelers from the east filling there to just get back home. There is a Phill owner that commutes into the cities and has CPE as a back up but they get 350+ miles with the GX and the commute is only 120 miles. She has been using the Phill for over a year now without issue so I doubt that she has ever needed the high priced stuff.

Comment

Amfuel, I remember that back door two years ago, when I knock on it, to get and answer why their price was so high...

The young man that came out and spoke with me for several minutes petty much explains their general attitude to running a retail outlet...

Granted they are not doing much volume, but their margins are huge...

Comment

CPE is also in southern Oklahoma where we have almost 100% tax credit to build a CNG station and there is no movement with CPE building stations. I would like to see them get involved with CNG again.

I offer all of our resources to get then back engaged in the CNG business.

Tom Sewell
                        918-665-2641

Comment

Originally posted by TOMTGT View Post
                          CPE is also in southern Oklahoma where we have almost 100% tax credit to build a CNG station and there is no movement with CPE building stations. I would like to see them get involved with CNG again.

I offer all of our resources to get then back engaged in the CNG business.

Tom Sewell
                          918-665-2641
                          All I can say is .......This just confirms my believe, that this company has no interest in this line of business..

America will never have a trade surplus, as all as we continue to import over sixty percent of goo...

Of course, if NG was considered "green" they would be building CNG stations like crazy...

Comment

Working...
                          X