New from Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Michigan

I am new to this site but glad to see there is intrest in CNG outside fleet operations.I am a NGV owner as well as a compressor station operator/transit mechanic. I look forward to getting feed back on diffrent vehicle conversions since most of the vehicle's i see are dedicated buses.I have about tweleve years expirence in alternative fuels and still learning! I would love to see more use of natural gas in vehicles and would like to hear what everyone else thinks.

Re: New from Michigan

Welcome to CNGchat!
    Its good to have an expert join us in Michigan. I hope DTE Energy keeps the public stations open, we love the ones at the Meijer stores to fill our lab vehicles

Comment

Hey discng,

Welcome! It's good to know there are others on the Right Coast as well. We're from Central Ohio and here to help if we can.

Best regards,

afvman

Comment

Hi, I am also from Michigan. Where are you located? I have found very little NGV activity in Michigan. Where are these busses you speak of operating? I am a former NGV instructor from General Motors. My experience is with the bi fuel vehicles goes back to 1993 or so. I have a great deal of interest in learning all I can on the commercial vehicle side. I have the light duty ASE NG certification. Lately I have been investigating fumigation methods. I highly doubt this method will ever gain much traction with the EPA, but it is a quick and dirty way to get lots of trucks using natural gas.

Comment

Greetings from another Michigander!

Comment

and another Michigander, near Plainwell.

Comment

Originally posted by jcap1958 View Post
              Hi, I am also from Michigan. Where are you located? I have found very little NGV activity in Michigan. Where are these busses you speak of operating? I am a former NGV instructor from General Motors. My experience is with the bi fuel vehicles goes back to 1993 or so. I have a great deal of interest in learning all I can on the commercial vehicle side. I have the light duty ASE NG certification. Lately I have been investigating fumigation methods. I highly doubt this method will ever gain much traction with the EPA, but it is a quick and dirty way to get lots of trucks using natural gas.
              it is not dirty if you fog a heavy truck it will clean it up as long as you dont over fuel it. all the black smoke will go away the side of the trailer will stay clean

Comment

Aaaand another Michigander. Driving a 2015 Silverado 2500 bi-fuel. Though, at the moment, gasoline is cheaper, so I'll be running on THAT for a while. If anyone is interested, the dealership where I got mine ordered two, so if you're looking for a fully (and I mean FULLY) loaded Silverado Crew Cab CNG truck, let me know. Might post this under vehicles, too, as they didn't make many of these and I don't know of any other dealership that has one. And no, I don't work for the dealership.

Comment

..one more thing. Meijer has said they were going to install pumps at 8 & Haggerty. I got that from Meijer HQ and the employees at that gas station, but haven't seen any movement to that end. If anyone has any information, please share.

Comment

Working...
                  X