Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 24 Green Fleets Conference - St. Louis

Hey gang,

I recently was in St. Louis where our friends at LaClede Gas rolled out the red carpet for me. As you know, they provide the only public-access CNG station for some 250 miles around and would like to see more opportunities to promote natural gas vehicles. Tom Schultz who has been over the NGV program for years has a new assistant Richard Ockers. Richard is a car enthusiast and is keen to get more widespread use of CNG in the area. Please feel free to call him at 314-342-0723 or e-mail [email protected] with your comments and concerns. He has a thread in the New Members Introductions forum here:
    http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4482

We also want to invite you to the Green Fleets Conference and Expo on March 24, 2009 from 8:30am-4pm. Richard will be at the expo hall (look for the large CNG bus!). Details here:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    South Exhibit Hall at the St. Charles Convention Center in St. Charles, MO

Hear the latest from the US Department of Energy and State of Missouri
    See Alternative Fuel Vehicles on Display
    Visit Green Fleet Vendor Exhibits
    Explore Roundtable Discussions on Corporate and Public Sector Fleets

Reservations required – Contact Bob Hornsey at 314-615-5333 or [email protected]

Cost: $30
    Payment at the door accepted (Checks payable to Clean Cities)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: March 24 Green Fleets Conference - St. Louis

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
    As you know, they provide the only public-access CNG station for some 250 miles around and would like to see more opportunities to promote natural gas vehicles.
    I would like to be able to drive my dedicated E-350 van to STL when I go to visit my parents. I have three toddlers all under 3 years old and it is so much nicer in a big van because of all of the "stuff" we have to haul.

But I don't because .. *sigh*

1. Access is Monday through Friday and get this ... 6 am to 5 pm! Why?

Lemme see .. I would like to stay gainfully employed at my current job and it requires me to be at my post Monday through Friday. And typically we leave after I get off work on a Friday and start the trip back sometime Sunday afternoon. And we usually run around whilst we are there. Not very public for me. What about all the people who live in STL and would like to drive a NGV? Those hours of operation shutout anyone on day shift.

Actually a better description might be, it is a "mostly public-access CNG station".

2. The "mostly public-access CNG station" only accepts Fuelman or GASCARD. What?

Right. So what is the point of getting a non-standard form of payment if I cannot even use it when I need too? Yeah ...

I suppose a more accurate description would be it's a "public-access CNG station, but mostly not."

Last edited by jblue; 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Re: March 24 Green Fleets Conference - St. Louis

Call Richard and I'm sure he will take care of you. Laclede will pull out the stops if you have a dedicated CNG vehicle. Let me know if you need to borrow my Fuelman card

Comment

Working...
      X