Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bangladesh CNG & absorbed tank technologies (ANG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangladesh CNG & absorbed tank technologies (ANG)

Dear Curtis,

Even in Bangladesh, there are more than 200 CNG Refueling stations running, more is been setting up now.
    These Gasoline/CNG and even Diesel/CNG conversion is work all over the world,it seems USA is slow in this regard.
    I doubt the most possible reason is that YOU AMERICIAN are too rich and do not care about the cost of fuel,hehe.

Setting up more filling stations is an good idea and also very profitable business,beside those non-sense green peace idea.....

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
    I've opened up a dialogue today with the Clean Cities Coalition to develope public fueling infrastructure on the Ca/Az border.

They are, and here's their description;
    The U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Clean Cities program is a voluntary, locally based government/industry partnership to mobilize local stakeholders to expand the use of alternatives to gasoline and diesel fuel by accelerating the deployment of alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs), and building a local AFV refueling infrastructure...
    you can visit their Los Angeles website at:
    http://www.the-partnership.org/ccities.htm.

I would encourage any business that has, or uses AFV's or infrastructure to join the Coalition. Do a computer search for the Clean Cities Coalition in your city and join up.

Even though Blythe has been uncooperative in making their facilities available to even a desperate traveler, there are other cities in that region that are developing infrastructure and fleets. I will see what can be done to get us to Phoenix with much less coasting down hills and other extrordinary measures of fuel conservation.

I'd love to develope a string of feedback for future use.

Re: My next project: Open up public fueling on Ca/Az border

How right you are. I'm sad to say that it seems that we Americans only seek change when we feel it in our wallets. Most Americans I should say. Many of us are genuinly concerned about the environment and the world our children will inherit.

Every time gasoline hits $3.50 a gallon I have a mass migration towards CNG vehicles. Every time it drops back down a little bit I start selling SUV's again... like gas isn't going back up even higher the next round of price hikes. It seems that we are not only slow to seek change but we have short memories as well.

I fear that the world won't see the folly of their way untill we have gone far beyond the environmental tipping point. One that your country would be devistated by with it's low altitude. Much of your country will be below water if there is only a meter of rise in sea levels, which at current rates of polar melt will be before mid-century.

We need to take away the lobby (and subsidies) of the big oil companies, put ethanol in the garbage until they (the government) decides that food stocks won't do anything but drive up food prices, require 50 mpg average fuel mileage from new cars and get Americans weened off SUV's and gas guzzlers all together. $4-$5 a gallon gas will definitely help on that score. That will happen soon enough. All we need is another hurricane, terrorist attack, oil refinery fire, or... use your imagination.

The pioneers that embrace natural gas now will be the ones laughing hard and often when oil hits $4 a gallon this summer. Thanks for the input and I'm glad to see we are getting worldwide involvement with our little cng community. As we grow and band together we become a force of change. We can influence decision makers and guide those who seek a better way.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

ANG tank with existing filling station tech. can do great help to developing countries.
      It is a flat world informationly, and just do it and forget about the government or big companies.
      The investment is relatively cheap for NG application in less developed countries such as Bangladesh, and other asia countries, but with much better return than it is in China and may be EU or US.

We need ANG tanks if it is an market ready products.
      There is a lot of ships here need to be converted into CNG runing, but the tank and refueling of CNG is an big issue here.

Anyone can find the supplier in US can do this ANG tank?

Thanks.

My email: [email protected]

How right you are. I'm sad to say that it seems that we Americans only seek change when we feel it in our wallets. Most Americans I should say. Many of us are genuinly concerned about the environment and the world our children will inherit.

Every time gasoline hits $3.50 a gallon I have a mass migration towards CNG vehicles. Every time it drops back down a little bit I start selling SUV's again... like gas isn't going back up even higher the next round of price hikes. It seems that we are not only slow to seek change but we have short memories as well.

I fear that the world won't see the folly of their way untill we have gone far beyond the environmental tipping point. One that your country would be devistated by with it's low altitude. Much of your country will be below water if there is only a meter of rise in sea levels, which at current rates of polar melt will be before mid-century.

We need to take away the lobby (and subsidies) of the big oil companies, put ethanol in the garbage until they (the government) decides that food stocks won't do anything but drive up food prices, require 50 mpg average fuel mileage from new cars and get Americans weened off SUV's and gas guzzlers all together. $4-$5 a gallon gas will definitely help on that score. That will happen soon enough. All we need is another hurricane, terrorist attack, oil refinery fire, or... use your imagination.

The pioneers that embrace natural gas now will be the ones laughing hard and often when oil hits $4 a gallon this summer. Thanks for the input and I'm glad to see we are getting worldwide involvement with our little cng community. As we grow and band together we become a force of change. We can influence decision makers and guide those who seek a better way.

Comment

By ANG tanks, are you referring to the adsorbed natural gas technology? The one's that use carbon to lock up the gas at lower pressures? If so, that technology still seems to be in it's early stages here. I saw that India was using it on the three wheelers that recently went into service there. When you are speaking of converting ships, the size of the tanks required would be tremendous. I would think that LNG would be a preferred method of storage on anything larger than a light duty cng vehicle
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

For Ships conversion, the tanks size is not problem, it can be fitted at any availble space on ships,but the cost to setup enough filling stations in Bangladesh.
          If the ANG tanks technology is good enough, it will be the best solution for Ships conversion.

LNG storage tank and Refueling cost even more than CNG system.

If the ANG tanks can be filled at pipeline pressure, filling stations alone river band is can be easily setup.

Where can find any commercialized ANG container suppliers, and what's these ANG tanks performance?

http://www.greencar.com/features/ang/

It seems they are using it at scooters now.
          By ANG tanks, are you referring to the adsorbed natural gas technology? The one's that use carbon to lock up the gas at lower pressures? If so, that technology still seems to be in it's early stages here. I saw that India was using it on the three wheelers that recently went into service there. When you are speaking of converting ships, the size of the tanks required would be tremendous. I would think that LNG would be a preferred method of storage on anything larger than a light duty cng vehicle
          Last edited by johnlh; 02-21-2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X