Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan passes 2 Million NGV's . . . WOW!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan passes 2 Million NGV's . . . WOW!!

Yep, lowly Pakistan with piddly gross domestic product is doing everything right to promote CNG vehicles to clean up their air and use abundant natural resource of natural gas. They just passed 2 million NGV mark and showing no signs of slowing down. Can you say USA sucks ??!!%%##&&**!!!

See IANGV article at:
    http://www.ngvglobal.com/en/market-d...ark-02270.html

Re: Pakistan passes 2 Million NGV's . . . WOW!!

So they have overtaken Brazil for the #1 position? Last I saw was Brazil-1.65m and Pakistan= 1.55m. Where did you find the data?

Comment

Yeah, thats great! I wouldn't want to ride in one of those vehicles though, at least in the US there are standards to go by, for those who follow them!! A for effort.

Comment

They have standards just not the ones you profit from

Comment

Hey Kevin re: standards in Pakistan,

Yep you're right that their 2 million count of NGV's likely includes rikshaws, cng powered 3-wheel bikes, etc. . . . but hey, they're producing ACTION while USA at 150,000 cng vehicles is producing mostly hot air, coming from two-faced "agencies" like EPA, DOE, etc.!!

I'd love to see USA at minimum get taxi's, meter maid vehicles, postal carrier trucks, trolleys, in-town delivery vehicles, public transit buses, trash trucks, etc. to ALL be mandatory dedicated cng vehicles with public refueling centers for all these so that normal cng vehicle owners could get access to more public cng refueling sites. Nothing would make me happier than to see 20 to 40 NaturalDrive conversion shops all across the country that not only do the Impala, but the Malibu, Trailblazer, Colorado small pickup, etc. For that matter, how about one of GM closed plants RE-OPEN as strictly OEM cng production!!! Now I like the sound of that . . . how about town be renamed CNG, USA!!!

Got to start somewhere . . . should the most powerful and richest country in the world (ie for now, the USA) be getting whipped by lowly Pakistan??!!$$&&##@@!!??
          Last edited by cngacrossusa; 01-28-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I hear you, Iran actually produces around 30k CNG vehicles per month, and you would think that a country that has a huge supply of Oil wouldn't have much of an issue with getting gasoline. With regards to the standards posts, I have spent the past 15 years promoting the safety benefits of Alternative Fuels. Standards are not a requirement, but should be followed. I have seen and corrected allot of issues on vehicles that should have never been on the road. Regardless where you live, we all want to know that rules have been followed and that the utmost care has been taken in delivering a sound product to market, yes it takes money and time. The last thing this industry needs is a black eye, because someone didn't pay attention to what they are doing and made a fast buck!! An answer to a previous post, yes I have been around the CNG, LPG and H2 world for awhile and I will continue to make sure my customers are safe and that the engineering behind my product is certified and proven! and yes I will profit from it!

Comment

Iran has limited refining capacity
              BLUE 09 GX

Comment

I also read somewhere that Iran price for petrol is just around 40 cents a gallon . . . however, is rationed by government so that users are forced to use cng. Dictator is crazy, but smart as a fox, as he forces own citizens to use plentiful cng so that black gold can be sold to stupid countries like USA.

Comment

Actually, this news is kind of disturbing in light of Johnny's comment.

Johnny's correct: Iran has little or no domestic refining capacity. I'm not sure about Pakistan. Yet, both countries are converting signification portions of their vehicle fleets to CNG--which requires very little processing before it can be used as a motor vehicle fuel.

One of the news stories linked somewhere on this site made this observation: If Iran becomes the subject of a world-wide boycott because of its international behaviour, they would still retain the ability to operate their CNG motor vehicles, thus reducing punitive effects of any such boycott. As alt-fuel advocates, we like like to see others embrace our fuel of choice. As an American, I see the possibility that Iran's embrace of CNG may have another--less noble--rationale.

Furthermore, Iran's geographical position gives it the ability to control the straits of hormuz, which could cut off 20 percent of the world's crude oil supply from the market. That same story theorized that we'd see $20/gallon if that occurs.

On some level the news story where I learned this information may seem like Israeli propaganda. On the other hand, the scenarios described sound very plausible.

Comment

Doe anyone know of Venezuella's up-fitting? I read a while back that they were also going CNG. I think it was the same time the Iran news came out.

It is easy to change fuel in a dictatorship.

Comment

According to IANGV.org the activity of Venezuela has been flat for about five years with around 44,000 NGV's and 148 fueling stations. See June 2007 data at:
                      http://www.iangv.org/tools-resources/statistics.html

Hey Tax Counsel, you from England, your spelling of "behavior" looks like old-school Brittish?? True or type-o??

Comment

Just got new email newsletter from IANGV and article says Venezuela is enacting LAW to force mandatory number of cng vehicles being sold. Yep, 30% of new car sales by end of 2009 and 40% for 2010 - - now that's getting with the program!!

See at:
                        http://www.ngvglobal.com/en/policy/m...law-02332.html

Also I remember seeing an article that Nissan was quickly ramping up cng efforts last fall to meet Venezuela's mandate. See that November 2008 article at:
                        http://www.ngvglobal.com/en/market-d...nce-02206.html

I sure wish USA would get cng (dedicated or bi-fuel) Nissan Sentra compact car or Frontier small pickup - - - they are EXACTLY what USA needs today, along with many more public cng pumps all across the USA.

Comment

Working...
                        X