B.C. CNG Pump Manufacturer ships all over the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.C. CNG Pump Manufacturer ships all over the world

Below is a success story of a British Columbia company that manufactures, then ships CNG vehicle pumps every where in the world, except actually in Canada

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...y/breakthrough

Re: B.C. CNG Pump Manufacturer ships all over the world

Originally posted by Stu Man View Post
    Below is a success story of a British Columbia company that manufactures, then ships CNG vehicle pumps every where in the world, except actually in Canada

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...y/breakthrough
    From the article:

"Since 2006, it has more than quadrupled the number of countries where it does business, to more than 26 from less than six. In fact, less than 1 per cent of IMW's business is in Canada, which leaves its president miffed.

“Developing markets are quick to embrace our technology because their consumers are highly motivated to take advantage of any economic advantage,” Mr. Miller said, “whereas, in North America, we tend to whine but not want to accept change.”"

It appears to me that they do ship to Canda. There is just not the demand like there is in other parts of the world. I wonder if North America will ever get it.

Comment

Union Gas in Ontario did indeed use the IMW fast fill compressor in a few of its many stations in south western Ontario. Unfortunately Union Gas eliminated natural gas filling stations, along with their Fuelmaker rental program in 2003. How do I know this... I was in the NGV (natrual gas vehicle) department within Union Gas before they removed the programs. We purdhased all the Union Gas Fuelmaker vehicle refueling appliances and parts back in 2003 Bob Hatton

Comment

What a shame that both Canada and United States seem to be totally apathetic (except of course for 4,000+ here on cngchat) about cng. This BC company is thriving (due to exports) IN SPITE OF the political/Big Oil influences trying to squash cng here in North America.

With down economy, now is perfect time to implement public cng refueling sites ALL ACROSS USA, using this BC manufacturer. First on my list is Blythe, AZ, then Flagstaff, AZ, then Gallup, NM, then Amarillo, TX, then Littlerock, AR, then Fort Smith, AR, then Wichita, KS then Memphis, TN, then Joplin, MO, then Harrisburg, PA, then Pittsburg, PA . . . etc, etc, etc, etc !!!

Swagelok rep told me that cng is plentiful all over Mexico . . . that you can find public cng refueling just like regular petrol. Any personal knowledge??
        Last edited by cngacrossusa; 04-13-2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I just got back from Buenos Aires, Argentina and they are all over down there. They have CNG at most the regular gas stations along with diesel.

Comment

whos pumps are they useing

Comment

Yep, that's what over 1.5 MILLION ngv's will do for you . . . ie Argentina and Brazil are worldwide leaders in cng vehicles (only recent IANGV article indicates that Pakistan passed 2 million mark with ngv's - - - likely more than just vehicles . . . ie rickshaws, motorcycles, etc).

Sad thing is that large Oil Companies actually assist in implementing cng at public pumps as Shell, Mobil/Exxon, etc are behind projects in Europe and Philippines per articles on www.iangv.org

However, there's not a lick of assistance by Big Oil in USA to implement cng . . . I say it's just the opposite that both Big Oil and US Automakers do NOT want cng in USA.
              Last edited by cngacrossusa; 04-13-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Don't quote me on this, but to the best of my recollections IMW builds there own compressors, skids and control panels but uses Kraus dispensers.

Comment

It's great to see a Canadian company designing and building compressors and dispensing systems, but I don't think it'll fit in my garage.
                  2009 GX
                  2000 K2500
                  2002 Cavalier
                  1998 Contour
                  Phill powered by solar power

Comment

I wonder how many guys have gasoline pumps in there garage? LOl

Comment

Originally posted by porosity View Post
                      I wonder how many guys have gasoline pumps in there garage? LOl
                      Probably about the same number as have gasoline pumped to their house in underground pipes.

Comment

Working...
                      X