Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tank Safety Issue (My opinion)

3 posts removed by staff.

Way off topic . Violation of the rules and t.o.s.

Folks, keep it constructive , or take it somewhere else.

Forum Staff.
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 08-13-2008, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Your fears about a rock compromising the integrity of the tank are unfounded. These tanks can actually take a bullet. Now if a piece of rebar hit it just right and knocked off the hose or something, it would cause a blow-out and throw some debris but it wouldn't explode. If you want to be afraid of something, be afraid of the cars/trucks filling up with and driving around with gasoline in flimsy tanks. They are more dangerous.

Comment

As I remember the 3 year 36,000 mile rule and tank shielding came From a LA transit case because of a tank mounted under floor that had been repeatedly damaged on its route that blew when Buffer filling. Tank shields were modified in the mid 90's when a tank blew after it was allowed to sit in battery acid because there were no drain holes in the PVC covers. As time goes on we will see other modifications to these regulations after incidents have happened.
        Dave M. Knows far more about these incidents than I do.

When I have pointed out concerns to operator I always try to do it in a friendly and helpful manor giving possible solutions and vendors when ever possible.

Comment

Working...
        X