No announcement yet.

Utah State Tax Credit for GFI Conversions

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Utah State Tax Credit for GFI Conversions

    I recently bought a CNG dedicated 94 Ford Ranger with a aftermaket GFI conversion. I don't see GFI listed on any of the EPA approved conversion kits. What is my best option now to meet state requirements? Do I have to take the truck to a certified conversion shop and have them write a letter stating it is a cng vehicle? If so does anyone have a list of certified shops? Also, does anyone know how much that letter will cost?

    Thanks in advance for any help you give me.


  • #2
    Re: Utah State Tax Credit for GFI Conversions


    To claim the tax credit, you have to show that your aftermarket GFI conversion is EPA or CARB certified. I am not sure if the GFI conversion was EPA/CARB certified at the time it was installed on your '94 Ford Ranger. I would try and find out who did your conversion and when it was done. If you find out who did it, then they may have the documentation you need.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD