This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California $3000 Rebate Program Active as of 2/22//08

how much $ is left for the california rebate program?

Comment

At the moment, none. It went in less than 2 weeks. There is still a possibility that more funds may be shifted back to the cng side from the underutilized electric vehicle program. Don't wait for it to make a purchase, as your place in line determines whether you get paid once money flows back into the program.

Most likely they'll resume where they left off. If you wait till there are more funds infused, it could be gone before you get your app in.

Comment

anyone gotten that letter in the mail yet ? i was told within in the next week (two weeks ago) ?

thanks

Comment

nothing yet, but i was told about two weeks ago that my application was in the secured funds pile, so its all sunny on this side of town!

Comment

I'm looking to buy a new Civic GX will it be worth filling the paperwork out
            still in hopes to getting a rebate?

Comment

Absolutely.
              1) If the program administrator decides that the funds allocated for other types of vehicles is not going to be utilized he may shift funds as he sees fit, and
              2) There is a lot of effort to get more funding.
              Last edited by CaptJeff; 04-09-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I would definitely recommend it. If they do find more money, and Honda and CARB are both working very hard to do so, wouldn't you want to be in line already rather than playing catch up?

Now, depending on where funding is found (gotta stay optimistic, right?) there conceivably be a whole new application process, there's no way to tell. All we can do is move forward and look at it as icing on the cake if it shows up.

Comment

Just curious if anyone has gotten an acceptance letter or a check yet? I am hoping that we do not have to wait for our funds while they decide to reallocate additional funds to the program.

Comment

No one has said so, but I suspect that tax season is slowing things down as well. I was talking to one of the guys the other night and he said that they would be sendig out aletter first and that funding would follow about 60 days later. At least that's what I understood. I guess he had spoken to Mary and that was the jist of it. At this rate you should be able to claim the money as income on your '09 tax's.

Comment

i just received a letter in the mail form the Fueling Alternatives Program informing me my approval # was FA-08-00008 and I will be receiving a check in the mail for $3000 within 90 working days of this letter, dated May 5. I'm guessing my application was the 8th approved? The letter also indicated this rebate might be taxable and if necessary a 1099 will be sent out by the California Air Resources Board. The money is on its way!
                      Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
                      Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
                      Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Comment

Me too!

I just received an email from Mary stating that the Air Resources Board just released those funds for the CNG category today and that I am first in line!

Get your forms in, if you haven't done so! My form was already in place from the last time, so if you had already submitted it, you should be good!

Regards!

Comment

Sent my paperwork in yesterday (wish I'd have squeezed it in Monday after I picked up the car at 4PM). Certified, and all. Hope it got there today (Wednesday), otherwise should get there tomorrow for sure.

Comment

I guess the confirmation letters are rolling out now, I just got mine yesterday

Comment

Is there new money for the program for those considering a purchase? I love my CV but a friend is looking at CNG. Is it likely that they would get he $3000 if they buy now? Any way to verify?

Comment

Originally posted by Deeta View Post
                                Is there new money for the program for those considering a purchase? I love my CV but a friend is looking at CNG. Is it likely that they would get he $3000 if they buy now? Any way to verify?
                                Call the number on the form.

Comment

Working...
                                X