This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California $3000 Rebate Program Active as of 2/22//08

I was at the airport getting ready to fly out of the country when this was announced. I just got back on Sunday and since all the information was at my office at work, I wasnt able to get it in until today.

That being said, I was told it is based on when your mail was postmarked. Hopefully I am able to sneak in under the wire as there seems to be less than 40 rebates available.

Comment

you guys scaring me... i think i did submit all and sign... and did mail it out certified on 2/23 ... so i better get the cash... was big part of my purchase decision...

Comment

As of close of business today 3/11/08
        Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
        Funds distributed = $747,000
        Funds Remaining = $ 63,000

I had someone today decide they wanted the CE $1.99 gas card more than they wanted the $3000 from the state???? I'll never understand some peoples logic.

Blue GX Sold today
        1 Black and 2 White left.
        Times running out to sneak in on the last few state grants.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
          As of close of business today 3/11/08
          Funds distributed = $747,000
          Funds Remaining = $ 63,000
          That is 21 left!

I bet mine will get there on the 12th which would be the very last day judging by the numbers posted. I sure hope I made it!!

Comment

They're using the postmark to determine your spot in line.

Comment

Curtis,

Just noticed that cnielsen location is UT, would he qualify if he has UT registration? I thought it was strictly a California rebate, not wanting to burst his bubble or anything. It's just in case it doesn't happen for him and runs into issues with the rebate requirements.

Al

Comment

The only way to claim the Ca rebate is to be a Ca resident. Utah has it's own incentive package through the state.

Comment

Originally posted by c2sox View Post
                  Just noticed that cnielsen location is UT, would he qualify if he has UT registration? I thought it was strictly a California rebate, not wanting to burst his bubble or anything. It's just in case it doesn't happen for him and runs into issues with the rebate requirements.
                  I live in Santa Clara CA. I just have UT envy .

Comment

Latest State Rebate funds update.
                    As you can see, there's enough money left for 14 applications.

Starting total $768,000
                    Available funds $ 42,000

Comment

All Gone!

Hopefully my application postmark (Monday) was able to get in.

Vehicle Category (each capped at $810,000)
                      Amount of Rebates Distributed Funding Remaining for Category
                      Compressed Natural Gas (CNG): $0

Comment

Sadly true. Mary had 10 rebates left yesterday and she opened an envelope that was a fleet with like 40 cars. The good news is that there is some discussion about reevaluating the number of spots given to electrice vrs what's being claimed. The hope is that some of that money can be siphoned back to the GX program. If that's the case they'll most likely start up from where they left off. If more money can be secured for the rebate program from the same funding source, it would most likely resume from it's stopping point. If new sources were brought on line, there would most likely be a new application process and no guarantee of your place in line (ref the old program).

Also keep in mind that both Honda and CARB is working very hard to get more money dumped back into the program. The number I heard was $1 mill., granted, the $1.6 didn't go very far... but as I've said before, every penny is a gift.

I'm sure that we all buy these cars based on their own merit and the sunny feeling we get from doing the environmentally correct thing for our heirs... not the monetary part of it. With that mindset, anything you get, from where ever you get it is a blessing... Icing on the cake, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
                          I'm sure that we all buy these cars based on their own merit and the sunny feeling we get from doing the environmentally correct thing for our heirs... not the monetary part of it. With that mindset, anything you get, from where ever you get it is a blessing... Icing on the cake, right?
                          Certainly that was a big factor in my decision getting a CNG vehicle, but cash is king

The State rebate and federal tax credit was the swaying factor that made me pull the trigger since this brought the price point down to a standard Civic pricing.
                          Last edited by c2sox; 03-14-2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

"I had someone today decide they wanted the CE $1.99 gas card more than they wanted the $3000 from the state???? I'll never understand some peoples logic."

didn't know it was either or... makes me feel better about my grunt with CE and real good about my PHILL

Comment

It's either or when you have to decide either to buy while the program has money in it, or wait until you can get the card and blow off the refund.

Comment

sorry to disappoint, but for myself. it was the diference between filling up with $100.00 every other day or $8.00 every night that had my vote in the purchase of a cng, oh yeh the HOV sticker played a part in that too!

Comment

Working...
                                X