Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming eventually to a diamond lane near you: 40,000 plug-in hybrids!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming eventually to a diamond lane near you: 40,000 plug-in hybrids!!!

SB535 signed...oh well, at least the yellow stickers die-out next July!!!

check out mercurynews.com/traffic/ci_15955344
    Last edited by John Mitton; 09-03-2010, 05:27 PM. Reason: Linked URL

Re: Coming eventually to a diamond lane near you: 40,000 plug-in hybrids!!!

Sigh!

Thanks for the update.

Chris

Comment

40,000 in and 80,000 out. I'll take that deal...

Plus, due to supply constraints, it may take a year or more to get up to 40K.

Comment

...unless I'm mistaken, plug-in hybrid access commences Jan 1, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by naturallygassy View Post
          ...unless I'm mistaken, plug-in hybrid access commences Jan 1, 2012
          I think you're right. The Prius PHV and Volt need to first be certified as enhanced AT PZEV.

Comment

This bill was sponsored in large part by GM. You can be the Volt will qualify. While it's clear that the stickers will not be good until 1/1/2012, what's not clear is how they will calculate who gets them. It could happen that by the time the stickers are out early next year, that enough vehicles were sold in 2011 that only they will get the stickers (I guess). Wouldn't you hate to be buyer number 40,001?

Comment

Don't know for sure, but my guess is that the stickers will go to the 2012 Volts, and the 2011's will be left out in the cold...

Again, just my guess.

Comment

The Volt will not qualify. It has a ULEV emissions rating, not SULEV. CARB requires you to test "worst-case emissions" configuration so it is based on gasoline power only.
                http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...b4u2_hevge.pdf

Comment

Here's a great explanation of the Volt's status.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/28/c...lev-ii-by-a-h/

I will keep looking, but I remember seeing something that indicated that the 2012 volt would be tweaked to meet the standard.

Comment

Working...
                  X