X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danin
    replied
    Re: New GX looking to get my HOV stickers

I was able to get my license plate information from the dealer after 1 week of purchase, they have tools that they can log into and retrieve registration status information. Right after I got the license plate number issued, I filled in my reg1000.

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied

You get 3. Small sticker goes on the back. no sticker for front.

Leave a comment:

• billdog7632
    replied

Confirmed. I got my stickers in 3 weeks in the exact process timsuh went through ( only iffference was Palmdale Honda supplied the plate number a couple days early for me so I did not need to go to the DMV).

I did however only get 3 stickers in the envelope. In prior Hybrid purchasas , 4 yellow stickers were in the envelopes

Does anyone know if we should be getting 3 or 4 White decals in the envelope?

Leave a comment:

• timsuh
    replied

Just got my white hov stickers back in the mail 2 days ago (after about 3 weeks). Here's a pic of what you'll get.

My timeline:

1/29/11 (sat): purchased new civic gx
    2/25/11 (fri): got my license plate number from the dmv (went in and checked my reg; this was my third visit)
    3/1/11 (tue): mailed in my completed packet of stuff with my reg1000
    3/21/11 (mon): my $8 check was cashed by the dmv
    3/23/11 (wed): stickers came in the mail!

So it was 3 weeks from the reg1000 mailing until stickers in hand on 3/23/11.

More Flickr Pictures:
    http://bit.ly/ibjai5

Leave a comment:

• timsuh
    replied

Got my stickers in the mail today! Here's my timeline:

1/29/11 (sat): purchased new civic gx
    2/25/11 (fri): got my license plate number from the dmv (went in and checked my reg; this was the third time)
    3/1/11 (tue): mailed in my completed packet of stuff with my reg1000
    3/21/11 (mon): my $8 check was cashed by the dmv
    3/23/11 (wed): stickers came in the mail!

So it was 3 weeks from the reg1000 mailing until stickers in hand.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Hasslen
    replied

I sent in my app on 2/21 and just got the stickers today! I had checked to see if my check was cashed on Saturday and it wasn't, so it was a pleasant surprise to get them today.

I also only received 3 stickers and thought for sure that the DMV made a mistake, but then I found some other posts here saying that was standard. Put the 2 large stickers on the rear quarter panels, and the smaller one on the right side rear bumper.

This is a very useful forum. I can't imagine trying to call the DMV to get clarification on whether they made a mistake or not.

Leave a comment:

• cngnewb
    replied

-Mailed out REG1000 on 2/22
    -Received HOV stickers today, 3/21
    -Almost 4 weeks on the dot...Like member "sds" said, I only received 3 three stickers as well, I will likely put all the stickers on the back portion of the car, unless someone posts otherwise...

A big thank you to the community and especially CaptJeff for the reassurance and clarification. How awesome is it being able to fly to work in the HOV lane and pay 2ish dollars a gallon for gas!

Leave a comment:

• sds
    replied

Once you get the stickers, where to place them? I got mine today and there are only three stickers but the instructions show to place 4. Please help so I could be on HOV tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• tomdotstar
    replied

Can we send him to Sacramento first?

Leave a comment:

• kevinle92618
    replied

I say we find about 1000 people like CaptJeff's and send them to Japan

Leave a comment:

• scott
    replied

you bet. he sure is!

Leave a comment:

• danin
    replied

CaptJeff,
    Could you let us know what the current processing status for the stickers are? Again you have been a great boon to the CNG community and on behalf of everyone I'd like to than you.

CaptJeff's a star, would everyone agree?

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied

Jeff , as someone who has obtained new and replacement stickers several times over the last 8 years , I for one would gladly pay a fee to the dmv for expedited processesing , say $50-$80 or so would be well worth it for most people. Don't know if dmv could institute such a fee change without a change in the vehicle code. You might want to run this by your contact in Sacramento. I don't think they get many requests to pay MORE for service

Leave a comment:

• CaptJeff
    replied

As of today 3/4, they are through apps that were recieved on 2/1, and have folks working OT getting through the 175 or so apps they have in the stack. So, look at 4 weeks. The person you must have spoken with was not correctly informed. I got a call from my friend today, and the above is the newest info.

Additionally,
    I also have asked that a policy change be considered, to look at having the Special Processing Unit do the initial Titling, registration AND HOV sticker issuance for new Clean Fuel Vehicles, so as to expedite the process overall and therefore get the stickers in the hands of the customer in an expedient fashion. Everyone should remember that often when financing is involved, the dealer sits on the paperwork for up to 20 days before sending it in. So, a cash or certified funds transaction will really shorten things up. I've also asked that an expedite process that is available for certain transactions, have this added to the list, for some fee.
    I'd like to see the complete titling and HOV sticker issuance down to a few days. Any delay then would basically be at the dealer.
    Best,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied

cngnewb , rejects due to a dmv error on this issue is now rare. The process time is 4-6 weeks. when your check is cashed, the stickers usually arive in 3-4 business days.

You will be in the HOV lane soon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X