Comment

Re: New GX looking to get my HOV stickers

Him............

Comment

Believe Capt. Jeff...

Comment

Hi. I just found this site and it is great. Wish I would have found it sooner - it would have saved me some time. I purchased a Honda GX and was tolk I had to wait 4-6 weeks to get my plates before applying for the HOV stickers, even though I paid cash. Well at least I have them now, and am in the process of applying for the HOV stickers now.

Filling out the reg1000 form, it says "Hybrid" cars need evidence of a Fastrak account. This question was asked earlier in this thread, but I never saw a clear answer. This is not a Hybrid, and in fact the form specifically breaks down the motive power into "Electric", LPG, CNG and Hybrid.

Called Fastrak and they couldn't answer. Called DMV and there was an hour wait, which I couldn't do. So I decided to apply to Fastrak by fax and asked them to quickly send account info by email/fax. Two days later they sent a rejection in the mail, saying I needed to include a copy of the registration showing that it is a "Hybrid". But it isn't. Arghhh...

I'm inclined to go straight to sending in my application to the DMV and including a Note that this is not a Hybrid. Anyone else have success with this? Or do I need to go through the Fastrak Queue first? Thanks.

Comment

Robert - sorry to hear about your mishap. I followed what some people on the forum advised to include a note saying "This is a Natural gas vehicle and not a Hybrid", and also attached a copy of my window sticker highlighting that it is a natural gas vehicle.

Perhaps CaptJeff can advise you on your next step.

Comment

Got my white stickers today!!! It took exactly six weeks as others have reported.

Here is my timeline:
              Dec 30 - purchased my Civic GX
              Jan 10 - got my license plate number from the dealer
              Jan 11 - mailed my application
              Feb 09 - DMV cashed my check
              Feb 14 - check showed as processed in my checking account
              Feb 18 - stickers arrived in the mail (envelope was not sealed, but everything is there)

Good luck to all those still waiting. I know it will seem like forever but keep faith and it will come.

Also, we have the bonus of CaptJeff to help us get through any hiccups in the process. : )

Comment

Hi Robert,
                Welcome!
                The Fastrak deal is not a factor for getting the White true Clean Fuel vehicle stickers for the Civic GX.
                (notice the comment referecing Fastrak and Hybrid)

I do not know about applying for the Fastrak for a CNG, but I'm guessing it's the same as an Electric,(since it will have
                white stickers, but I don't know.

Since you have your Plate #, Vin# and confirm the MP (Motive power) is "N",
                I'd fill out the Reg1000, and get it in the mail asap to DMV.
                In section B make sure to check "Original", "ATPZEV", and "Compressed Natural Gas"

You may want to include a sheet of paper that says "This is a Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle qualifies for the
                White Stickers" but it's not necessary.
                Send it in today.
                Best,
                Jeff

Comment

DMV seems to be picking up speed a little:
                  - mailed my Reg1000 on 1/26
                  - check cashed 2/23
                  - received HOV stickers 2/26
                  - it's a good thing. My daughter got her drivers license Wednesday and is driving my 2006 Civic Hybrid with yellow stickers to school. I have been driving that car in HOV lane for almost 5 years and it has been hard to remember not to drive in the HOV lane with the GX

Dave (GX 2011 now "car pool" ready!)

Comment

First post here but I thought I would add to the conversation! Recently picked up a 2011 Civic GX(made sure the dealer put N under MP and registration arrived correctly)

Mailed out REG1000 on 2/19(probably went out on the 22nd though)
                    As of today 3/4 check is NOT cashed, called dmv hotline and the person i spoke with said their manager said no new stickers of any kind are being issued, not white, yellow or anything in between. I got the feeling they have been getting a lot of calls regarding the HOV stickers. Crossing my fingers here!

Comment

cngnewb , rejects due to a dmv error on this issue is now rare. The process time is 4-6 weeks. when your check is cashed, the stickers usually arive in 3-4 business days.

You will be in the HOV lane soon

Comment

As of today 3/4, they are through apps that were recieved on 2/1, and have folks working OT getting through the 175 or so apps they have in the stack. So, look at 4 weeks. The person you must have spoken with was not correctly informed. I got a call from my friend today, and the above is the newest info.

Additionally,
                        I also have asked that a policy change be considered, to look at having the Special Processing Unit do the initial Titling, registration AND HOV sticker issuance for new Clean Fuel Vehicles, so as to expedite the process overall and therefore get the stickers in the hands of the customer in an expedient fashion. Everyone should remember that often when financing is involved, the dealer sits on the paperwork for up to 20 days before sending it in. So, a cash or certified funds transaction will really shorten things up. I've also asked that an expedite process that is available for certain transactions, have this added to the list, for some fee.
                        I'd like to see the complete titling and HOV sticker issuance down to a few days. Any delay then would basically be at the dealer.
                        Best,
                        Jeff

Comment

Jeff , as someone who has obtained new and replacement stickers several times over the last 8 years , I for one would gladly pay a fee to the dmv for expedited processesing , say $50-$80 or so would be well worth it for most people. Don't know if dmv could institute such a fee change without a change in the vehicle code. You might want to run this by your contact in Sacramento. I don't think they get many requests to pay MORE for service

Comment

CaptJeff,
                            Could you let us know what the current processing status for the stickers are? Again you have been a great boon to the CNG community and on behalf of everyone I'd like to than you.

CaptJeff's a star, would everyone agree?

Comment

you bet. he sure is!

Comment

I say we find about 1000 people like CaptJeff's and send them to Japan

Comment

Working...
                                X