New GX looking to get my HOV stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New GX looking to get my HOV stickers

Captjeff is our secret weapon. He has a contact very very high inside the DMV in Sacramento. Jeff has helped dozens of cngchat members get HOV stickers when someone screwed up. See the following thread http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....es-again/page6 look at post #13 . To send a private message , member captjeff is one word , no space.
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 09-27-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

HCTAN
      Haw,
      I followed up and the app you sent in last Friday was found, processed and your registration and stickers are in a Golden State Overnight parcel which you should receive Tomorrow.. I sent you the tracking number in an email.
      Aloha,
      Jeff

Comment

Dear Jeff,
        I could not believe you got it done so quickly. "Lakewood90712" is absolutely right that you are the "Secret Weapon"!
        Thank you so much.
        Haw

Comment

Got the stickers this morning and they are already on the car bumper now. I am surprised DMV is willing to spend the extra money for overnight delivery. Thanks again to CaptJeff for the effort.
          Now we can go on the carpool lane.

Comment

Originally posted by hctan View Post
            Got the stickers this morning and they are already on the car bumper now. I am surprised DMV is willing to spend the extra money for overnight delivery. Thanks again to CaptJeff for the effort.
            Now we can go on the carpool lane.
            You're welcome! There was an error in the rejection and that is what can be done to 'make it right'.
            Best,
            Jeff

Comment

Hi All,
              I too have been rejected by the DMV!! I got a letter stating that the motive of power is listed as a hybrid!!! The letter states :"in order to issue you the clean air vehicle sticker for your vehicle, it will be necessary for you to go into your local DMV and get a vehicle verification completed." Does anyone know what this vehicle verification is? or should I just resubmit without going to local DMV and include all the extra paper & picture of window sticker?

dena

Comment

On your registration, the 'motive power' needs to say 'N'. If it doesn't, go to the DMV and get the motive power changed with a vehicle verification. MAKE SURE THE VERIFIER PUTS MOTIVE POWER 'N'. I was getting my car verified once and they just robotically put 'g' until I brought it to their attention. Then you can get your stickers. If the motive power is already 'N' then you don't need a verification; resubmit it with a copy of the registration with the motive power circled.

(which is really stupid, by the way. The VIN indicates the motive power is N.)
                02 GX
                01 GX
                03 Crown Vic
                06 GX
                Home Fueler

Comment

I bought a Honda Civic NGV from Honda Costa Mesa 5 weeks ago, and sent in my form and check for the "white sticker", but it hasn't showed up. Every time I call the DMV I get a different story, from "we don't do stickers anymore", to "we shipped your stickers" to "you are in queue but we ran out of white stickers, and you should get yours sometime next year". Help!!!

Comment

Chrisclo,

1. Has the dmv cashed the check you sent in with your form 1000 ?

2. Does your registration card show N as motive power ?

3. Have you allowed at least 6 weeks to process your form 1000 ?
                    (2011 edit wait at least 6 weeks now)

If the answer is yes to #2 and #3 , then send a private message to member captjeff with your contact information.

P.S if this was Power Honda , they have a history of incorrect info to the DMV on GX vehicles sold , see question 2 above. If it is wrong , YOU must get it changed via a D.M.V. office before your HOV decals can be issued.
                    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 02-18-2011, 11:04 AM. Reason: wait time in 2011

Comment

Hey, even if you go to the DMV they can put the wrong code down. The person that inspected my last GX put down Gasoline as the motive power until I pointed out that it is Natural Gas.
                      02 GX
                      01 GX
                      03 Crown Vic
                      06 GX
                      Home Fueler

Comment

ahhh! I too have just received a letter from DMV stating that they have already issued the 85,000 stickers which is the max number. I just checked my registration and thankfully it says "N" under MP. I am wondering if i checked a wrong box or if they are just idiots.
                        I checked "original" "ATPZEV or PZEV" and "Compressed Natural Gas."

can someone please verify that is all correct. Guess i will need to send it back with a white paper on top stating the car is compressed natural gas-white sticker???

so bummed

Comment

Purduepilot , send a private message to cngchat member: captjeff with your contact info. He should be able to get this fixed for you in a few days.

Comment

Any update on this? I've been looking to pick up a civic gx and this would be a dealbreaker for me.

Comment

wwwdotarb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpooldonthtm

This indicates there are no limits to the amount of white stickers for CNG vehicles.

Comment

Hi! Purchased my 2011 Honda Civic GX in November 2010. Sent out the reg1000 form with check on Dec 9, 2010, and still no news. My check has yet to be cashed either. I contacted the Special Processing Unit in Sacramento on Jan 11, 2010 and the lady checked their system and told me they don't have anything, and to just wait to see if the check cashed. Can anyone offer any tips? Should I send another reg1000 form by USPS Priority with a return envelope or what to speed up the process? Any ideas? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X