Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GX looking to get my HOV stickers

Hi,

I purchased a 2010 GX over the weekend. Can someone please share with me on how to get a white carpool sticker? California DMV website still has informtaion with expiration date of Jan 1, 2011. The 2010 GX is listed as a ATPZEV vehicle (Advanced Technology Partial Emissions VEhicle), which according to the website qualifies for a yellow sticker. There is a box for CNG as primary power.

The website lists only California's super ultra-low emission vehicle (SULEV) standard for exhaust emissions and the federal inherently low-emission vehicle (ILEV) as vehicles that qualify for white sticker.

Do I have to wait until the website gets updated?

Please help!

Re: New GX looking to get my HOV stickers

You'll need to wait for the California DMV to send you your plate and tags, then make an appointment with your local office to apply for the white stickers. I think they run $8 last time I checked. I'm disappointed that your dealer was not prepared to provide you with this information at the conclusion of your sales transaction.

That said, thank you for your purchase and please enjoy your new car.

Sincerely,

Eric Rosenberg
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 07-12-2010, 07:32 PM. Reason: Title change for moved post

Comment

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the information. I've been reading through the posts and am getting a better understanding of how to do this. You're right...I was just as surprised that no one at the dealer knew anything about it! When I inquired more, they referred me to the website, which was the original source of the confusion!

So far, this is what I've gathered from the forum (special thanks for CaptJeff and Curtis)
      1. At time of sale, make sure dealer marks "N" for "motive power" in the "Report of sale of Motor Vehicle". I called my dealer many times yesterday to make sure this is done, and will f/u today.
      2. Await for license number.
      3. Fill out application (Reg 1000) avail on DMV website. Need license and VIN number for this. Check boxed for "original", "AT-PZEV" and "Compressed Natural Gas".
      4. Curt suggested putting on a clean sheet of paper, in big letters---"THIS IS NOT A HYBRID-THIS IS A NATURAL GAS CAR". Another poster sent in copy of window sticker showing natural gas vehicle...I'll probably do both!
      5. Attach $8 fee and mail in.

Per Eric's suggestion above, I may also look into going to DMV directly.

Will keep everyone posted.

Thank everyone!

Sincerely,

W. Chang

Comment

You can get the license number from your dealer before the plates or paperwork are sent to you. Have the dealer's DMV person contact you as soon as the number is known. He/she can get the number online. This could save you a couple of weeks. The local DMV office cannot help you. The application is sent to Sacramento. Get ahold of CaptJeff here. He works for the DMV and can give you the best advice. He helped expedite my application for the stickers. I had the "N" problem, so be sure to double check that.
        Joe

Comment

Two pieces of info for you:

All of the 2001 and up Civic GXs are 'AT-PZEV' as well as SULEV and ILEV. AT-PZEV gives (gave?) the manufacturer partial credit toward their 'zero emissions' vehicle requirement. SULEV is self explanatory (super ultra low emission vehicle) and ILEV means it doesn't use Gasoline which has a lot of pollution associated with the refining process (so other fuels are 'inherently' lower emission vehicles). Gasoline AT-PZEVs got yellow stickers, non-gasoline atl-fuel vehicles get white stickers.

The stickers themselves don't expire. The law allowing you to ride solo in the HOV lane was scheduled to expire 12/31/10 but has been extended, but only for white stickers. The expiration date has been updated on the arb page.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

Hi everyone. Here is a quick update. I sent in application and fee, along with copy of window sticker with CNG highlighted. I attached a paper with "WHITE STICKER. NATURAL GAS CAR NOT HYBRID" written on it. I sent everything out on 7/24/10. DMV deposited my check on 8/19/10, and the white stickers came in the mail on 2 days later!

Thanks for everyone's input!

Comment

I can not believe what happened to my application for my 2010 GX. I just got a letter from DMV stating that my car shows as a "gasoline fueled car" on their record and I need to have it verified at my local DMV office and resubmit. This is after waiting for more than a month!
              I checked my DMV registration paper and sure enough is says "G" under fuel type and I think it should say "N". Someone at the Hondo dealership must have messed up the registration process. I will have to go through this process again, wasting another month!

Comment

Who was the Honda dealer , so we can post them on the 'Wall of Shame" . In addition , if that dealer charged a fee for dmv paperwork process , you should get tripple your money back for that fee. The DMV clerks at the dealer are suposed to be expert's , and errors are just not acceptable when a fee for service is charged.

Comment

It is Power Honda in Costa Mesa. I just received a call from their sales manager. They are willing to refund me the DMV registration processing charge of $29.00 because they messed it up and he apologized. I guess that is all they can do. The application is resent with the DMV verification form so I hope this time it will go smoothly.

Comment

Can a member in Northern CA please confirm that GX's do NOT need a FasTrak? From what I read, only hybrids that applied for the Yellow HOV sticker needed a FasTrak.

I just purchased a (new) 2009 GX yesterday and wanted to ensure I got everything in order as I patiently wait for my plates.

If anyone is interested, Lodi Honda has 4 more left... PM if you have questions.

thanks,
                    Ron

Comment

You need FasTrak to access HOV lane on these bridges and pay the toll!

Comment

You will need a Fastrak account if you use bay-area bridges during carpool hours. It's good for a 50% discount on the toll.

Comment

I can not believe my application is again denied! This time the rejection letter says there are no more "Hybrid HOV stickers" available!
                          I wrote another cover letter reminding them this is for "Natural Gas", not "Hybrid" and resubmitted the application again. I don't know what these DMV employees are doing but I am beginning to suspect they are trying to give me the run around to avoid giving out more stickers. I just called the Special Processing Unit of the DMV this morning and they said the natural gas stickers are still available. I will keep you posted on this.

Comment

Don't get mad , get Capt. Jeff. Send him a p.m. with your information and phone # and he will get it fixed with the DMV in a few days.

Comment

Who is Capt. Jeff and how do I contact him? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X