CA Carpool Sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Carpool Sticker

I sent in my application on Aug 24th, but the check hasn't even been cashed yet. I'm concerned that the application is in DMV limbo. I have tried calling the DMV, but to no avail. Does anyone have a good contact there, maybe even in the DMV Special Processing Unit itself?

Re: CA Carpool Sticker

same situation here
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

You might PM CaptJeff - see this thread for more info:

http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...in+jeff&page=4
      Patent Counsel
      '04 F150 Dedicated
      '11 Civic GX
      '11 BMW ActiveE
      FMQ2-36
      FM4

Comment

I applied in early August and got the stickers about 4 weeks later. I can check on when the check was cleared, but I thought it was cleared just before they must have processed the paper - so about 3 weeks after I sent it.
        Last edited by OhMyGas; 09-29-2009, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Folks,

I am in a similar situation. Got my Civic GX on 8/10/2009. Dealer advised that because of clunkers, the plates might take longer to arrive than normal, so just apply for the stickers and state the VIN, since DMV can look it up to ensure it's NGV.

Sent in my request around 9/2/2009, but check not cashed yet.

Plates arrived today, so I can "correctly" apply now, but not sure what to do with the application that's already out there.

I PM'ed Capt Jeff a couple days ago, so figure I'll wait a week to see if he has any advice regarding what to do.

I am inclined to just apply again and send another check.

Any thoughts or advice? (Besides the fact I should've waited for my plates )

Comment

I talked to a person at the DMV and they stated that it could take 6-8 weeks. I'm currently on week #7 and the check hasn't cleared yet. I'm going to wait until week 8 until I re-apply. CaptJeff is going to try to help out as well, hopefully he will be able to get some movement. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Howdy,

CaptJeff also contacted me, so hopefully things will work out. I will also report back on my results.

Comment

Took about 2 months for me to get both plates and carpool stickers this summer. With DMV getting unpaid days off, I wasn't surprised.

I would drive in the carpool lane anyway when the traffic was bad. Figured I could play stupid once, though the law is clear that you need the actual stickers. Thought the stickers would likely arrive before the ticket had to be paid and I could ask the judge to toss the ticket or reduce the fine.

Originally posted by vmajeski View Post
                I talked to a person at the DMV and they stated that it could take 6-8 weeks. I'm currently on week #7 and the check hasn't cleared yet. I'm going to wait until week 8 until I re-apply. CaptJeff is going to try to help out as well, hopefully he will be able to get some movement. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

FYI...The check just cleared today. So it took almost 8 weeks. Hopefully, I will see the stickers this week!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I received my stickers on October 15, having sent in the application on September 2. DMV cashed my check on October 15 also.

Thanks to Capt Jeff for verifying with his contact that they received the paperwork. I think as soon as the plates were issued, they moved forward with the sticker processing.

Comment

It looks like they processed in bulk last week!! I bought my GX on July 25th. The dealer got my plate in early Aug and sent in my app and check at that time. So, it's been 2 1/2 months (10 weeks) for me!! I finally called the DMW today (I have a number given to me by the dealership) and they finally processed it on Oct 15th and the check cleared yesterday. I was this close to sending in my app again, but glad I am finally getting my stickers!! So, hang in there...it's probably in the DMV mess!

Comment

Working...
                      X