LA Times article about carpool lanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Times article about carpool lanes

More talk about the end of the carpool lane use...
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...tory?track=rss

Re: LA Times article about carpool lanes

"I live in Santa Monica and you can't swing a dead cat here without hitting a Prius, so the bill served its purpose," said Will Kepper, who has a sticker on his 2001 Prius.
    That's too funny!

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Ya know here is a person that is in a responsible position that impacts the children of Los Angeles and they say:

Sharon Delugach of Los Angeles, a 2003 Prius owner and chief of staff for an L.A. school board member, knows the feeling.

"I had no idea they were going to expire," she said of her stickers. "I thought I was set for life."

And you all thought school funding was the root of the problem for LA schools

Comment

As the deadline approaches, it helps a little to get some comic relief!

Comment

Of some interest. Apparently the school admin didn't know what kind of car she drove, either. The Times issued a correction:

For The Record: Los Angeles Times Wednesday, September 30, 2009
          Correction Carpool lanes:
          An article in the Business section on Monday about carpool lane access by hybrid vehicles said that hybrid owner Sharon Delugach owns a 2003 Toyota Prius. She owns a 2003 Honda Civic hybrid."

Comment

Well I am here in Los Angeles visiting family and I agree that there are too many "hybrids" in the carpool lanes... Limiting the bill to alternate fuel and 65mpg plus would do wonders for promoting CNG and home and infrastructure filling...
            diesel electric hybrids can easily do the 65mpg + requirement... or Diesel CNG electric Tri-brids
            Due to the size of the potential user pool, So Cal would be the perfect place to have the new proposed law...
            Time to stock up on CNG vehicles... in 2011 we will be able to sell them here for a killing...
            anyone have links to the actual legislation or the actual bill numbers, I would like to read the actual text and follow the bill's progress
            Last edited by soutthpaw; 12-20-2009, 01:35 PM.

Comment

SB1500
              LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 09/11/2009
              LAST HIST. ACTION : To inactive file on motion of Senator Florez.

SB535
              LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 09/10/2009
              LAST HIST. ACTION : Placed on inactive file on request of Assembly Member

leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_1451-1500/

Comment

Yep I was in CA for Xmas too and way tooo many hybrids on the carpool lanes... Dedicated alternative fuel or the 65mpg bill both would be great... I think one of those versions will definitely pass... I plan on stocking up on CNG vehicle this year as funds allow then will start selling them in 2011....
                I am guessing that Bi-fuel vehicles will not be included. as you could run on gasoline forever and never fill the cng tank
                Last edited by soutthpaw; 01-30-2010, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Here are the links:

AB 1500: www .leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=ab_1500&sess=CUR

SB 535: www .leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_535&sess=CUR

Comment

Working...
                  X