$4000 tax credit not recognized by TurboTax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4000 tax credit not recognized by TurboTax

I just did my taxes on TurboTax and it denied me any portion of the credit, which I know was the old rule since I fall within the alternative minimum tax (AMT). I've heard conflicting things about whether the 2008 stimulus law, or the 2009 economic recovery act, changed this. As of today (2/23/09), the IRS doesn't have the new 8910 form posted. If anyone can direct me to some authority explaining the current state of the law, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Re: $4,000 tax credit: changes?

This is one of those times when not talking to a tax professional might cost you thousands. Might be worth spending $100-$200 to be sure you get all the money you can. Don't bother talking to the box, unless they have a support line that can walk you through the lagalities. I thought John had posted a link to the 8910 form a week or two ago.

Use the search feature and search for threads or posts referencing "IRS Form 8910."

Comment

Re: $4000 tax credit not recognized by TurboTax

They fixed this in Update #9 (I think). Next time you bring up Turbo Tax download the updates and it will recalculate form 8910 correctly.

Comment

If anybody is having trouble finding the credit in Turbo Tax, you have to tell Turbo Tax that you received a pre-approved tax credit (this is one of the choices when it asks for deductions). After that, select Clean Fuel Vehicle from the drop down menu.

Comment

Stuff like this is what makes integration so difficult for CNG users.

Comment

Working...
          X